Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

The cross road in my life

lucybaby219

China

Life is never predictable or easy to deal with. the next thing that happened might change your life, who knows.they say life is like a box of chocalate, you never know what you are gonna get.right now i'm thinking about what i'm gonna get from life.

Yesterday at 9pm,my boss asked me to a meeting room and wanted to have a talk with me, from the minute i walked out of that door,i knew something bad would happen.and it really did.My boss told me i failed to get promoted this year.The thing is, i was not surprised at this result at all.i was well prepared for this moment.i thought i deserved this.i had to lie in the bed i made for myself and had no one to blame.i knew i didn't put my heart and soul in work during the past year.while my co-workers were working their ass off to meet the deadlines.i was only trying to escape from work.i've got loads of things to do on my hand but my mind was elsewhere.i have no interest in this job ,sorry.The thing is, i have other plans.i haven't focused my full attention on my work since the day i applied for my visa.i planned to immigrant,yes.the whole process might take long and i have to stay in my current company for the "background check".

i didn't tell anyone at work about my immigration plan, of course, i pretended that i was working hard,just like everybody else.but i guess they could easily tell i'm not good at that. i found that i didn't fit in this business, sitting in front of the computer all day long analyzing those financial figures just drove me crazy.Then i kept telling myself that others might think the same way as i do but they put up with this to make a living.At least it's a well respected job that pays well.

they say that find a job you like and you don't have to work a single day in your life, i couldn't agree more.i kind of know what i'm good at.i have a passion for language, in terms of both my mother tougn and a foreign language. i like to write and i get quite a few compliments on that.a friend of mine once say i should be a column writer. some people say they like to read what i write, i probably have a gift for that. Other than writing,i love traveling and getting to know people from different cultures and background.i enjoy talking to people and hanging out with friends.clubbing, dancing,acting,dining….you name it, i would like to do it.just don't make me dealing with those financial statements,i'm open for everything.

Now my life has come to a crossroad,and i don't have a choice, i don't have much to lose at the beginning, now i really have NOTHING to lose….then i have a terrible,sinking feeling that what if it didn't work out, what if i became a jobless nobody…..i don't know what life will hand me, but i know i have to take it and be brave.i will get through the hard time , i know i could, my dream will definately come true one day, no matter how hard it takes to work it out, i will have my best try.

05:34 PM Jun 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I’m not sure being an immigrant is a better option.but life is a choice.and also you have rights on your own life as long as it won’t trouble other especially your family..
Good luck with your life,lucy..

07:18 PM Jun 05 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Where are you planning on immigrating to?

Living abroad is a wonderful experience, but it is also difficult. 

07:27 PM Jun 05 2008 |

lucybaby219

China

to aljensen

i'm planning to immigrant to Australia, i love seaside and sunbath, coz i grow up in a city by the sea. i'm looking forward to go there pretty much.

02:01 AM Jun 06 2008 |

天天eating

China

Life is more like a crossroad. Sometimes when you get to a strange place you need to make a decision to turn right or turn left. When you choose to turn left you will miss the scenery on the right turn but you also have the chance to appreciate the unique scenery on the left turn.

So nothing to worry about, just go head bravely. As you wrote your dream would definetly come true one day.

Keep trying ~~

04:01 AM Jun 06 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

best wishes for you  lucy baby Smile

my advice for you is to be   careful  and plan well  .  immigration as aljenson said  wonderful experience but also difficult  .  as you face unexpected thing in your country  .  you will face twice and more abroad .

so be aware . 

11:13 AM Jun 06 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

LOVE Australia. hey, as long as you believe in yourself and when you know you can do it, go for it! trust your guts dear!!

are you sure you don't want to go for NZ? or Canada? ^^

11:25 AM Jun 06 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Australia would be fun, much more relaxed than the United States. 

05:10 AM Jun 08 2008 |

lucybaby219

China

To Jane Doe

i love Australia,it's got beautiful seaside senes and coast line. and the welfare there is good too. i took some thoughts on where to go before i plan to immigrant, Canada takes at least 2 years, New Z? i'm not sure about that, there seems to be too few people there.

04:07 AM Jun 10 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

New Zealand has a really depressed economy.

Where are you going to live in Australia? Sydney? Melbourne? Adelaide? 

06:39 AM Jun 10 2008 |

lucybaby219

China

something about my job as an "auditor""

what i like about this job:
1.traveling: i always love traveling and see the outside world,i love being in a strange city, knowing nobody and nobody knowing me, i could start fresh,i go to different ventures, get to know a lot of business lines,talk to the people, walk around the city when i'm free, then the next day, boom!—an early flight took me to a whole new citybut sometimes this frequent traveling just drive me crazy, so exhausted and tired!

2.Reputation:most clients do want to please us, they even try to bribe us sometimes,of course, we have our bottom line and know we should give independant opinions.

3.money:Auditors get good pay in China.we get promoted fast,and the salary increases a lot as you prgressed ,especially when you are on a senior level.money is not everything,but it does pay the rent

what i hate about this job:
1.long oT hours: when we are on a project,we basically work from 9am to 10pm six days a week. that's the most common schedule, we work late until 1am or 2am on special occasions.there're always loads of work to do and it never comes to an end.

2.sitting in front of the laptop all day long.i don't have time to excercise! and i put on weight.most of our colleges gain 5 to 6 pounds during a busy season,it's really awuful! we eat a lot of junk food, and we seldom move our body .this job could turn a skinny chick into a huge whale,believe me

3.the health hazard. our health is declining due to the lack of exercise, we eat out everyday,the food is high in calorie and sugar.we don't eat on time, it causes problem to stomache.most of the senior staff are bothered by their health problems.

07:20 AM Jun 10 2008 |