Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Heaven and Hell? "where will I go?"

gkisseberth

Germany

What does your religion say about an afterlife? 

If you think there is a heaven or paradise or a hell or some other form of punishment, what are the requirements for entering?

What happens to non-believers?

What happens to children who die very young?

What happens to animals or pets? 

09:23 PM Jun 07 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

ophilia, your explantion was very clear and very refreshing. It's certainly a much nicer way to think about death than what birgul thinks atheists must imagine. 

Do you worry about or fear death, ophelia? Do you feel pain because you will not be with your family and friends and only rotting in the ground?

02:39 AM Jun 08 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

There is only one answer for your questions, greg: Only God knows! Where do we go from here after death? But I hope I will get a better place than now, since I know life after death is immortality, so we need pleasant place like heaven, not hell! But the most important things you must believe is there are heaven and hell after death! If U don’t believe it, kill yourself till you find its true!

07:34 AM Jun 08 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

When u'll die – and that's matter of fact- sooner or later, u will know every thing and will remember our words(from east to west) to u .
then there r 2 posiblities according to ur calculations ,either u will regret – but it's useless-
or as u think u 'll be nothing.
in our religion , u will wish to be nothing but u will not be, it is eternall darling.
this life is an exame ,so it's up to u now but in the hereafter it's up to HIM
Cry

08:10 AM Jun 08 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

HELL! more notabilities!

realy .. then verily
Surprisedone with whom he loves!!!..

10:46 AM Jun 08 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Look darling Ryo,
it seeme to be u r muslim but don't know ur religion may be except prayer , fast …etc
all what i can tell u that to read or ask at least or pm me any question- AS U WISH- ,i'm at help for any person. and i had cleared that matter before plz read and read carfully.
Embarassed
REGARDS

12:50 PM Jun 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Rainbows. I think most atheists believe, as you suspect, that there is NOTHING after death, however there are atheists who are spiritual nonetheless, they just don't believe in a god, gods, or a creator. Strictly defined, atheists can be religious and could believe in some afterlife, reincarnation or such. 

I am in the first group. I am irreligious, atheist and I think that after death there is nothing.  

01:31 PM Jun 08 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

god is the most generous. i believe if you love your pet ,you can  have it in heaven.

05:45 PM Jun 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

that's interesting, lil. I would hope for you that can happen. 

What about this case. You are a good Muslim and you live a good life. But you love a man who is not Muslim. Would a generous god allow you to be with him in heaven also, since this would make you happy?

You could say "But I would never be in love with a non-muslim" but I don't think you can say it's never happened. 

06:02 PM Jun 08 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

if there was nothing after life, criminals would be very lucky.are we so worthless? my life is a real trip and a real exam. am i not going to have a better life after death? it's really dark and unfair! justice is what we cherish on earth! i don't think i can accept injustice. i believe god has forbidden injustice and he  cant be unjust.

06:18 PM Jun 08 2008 |