Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Physical beauty or inner beauty?

yaris83

yaris83

United Kingdom

Who thinks that outer beauty is most important than the inside or the opposite and why?

Everyone will say that inner beauty is more important, but evidence says the opposite. As you say yourself, people often get hired based (at least partly) on looks. It seems to be human nature and especially modern society that people are drawn to the aesthetically pleasing. It may not be nice to admit, but it's the truth.

05:07 PM Jun 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

both beauties are important.inner and outer beauties are associated.inner beauty has its reflections on the outer one.we first see the physical one.it's nice to see  good looking people who  have a fine taste,isn't it?

07:30 PM Jun 20 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

I support Lilimira's views perfectly.outer beauty is the reflection of the inner!

& want add that physical beauty depends upon the hungerness of the man too,it is directly proportional to the the desire of sex.

10:25 PM Jun 20 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

I almost agree with man from egypht above, we are human, we need both! We have eyes, first of all we look at someone physically, but as the time goes by we know the real people whether having inner beauty or not.

11:30 PM Jun 20 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

if a man knew 2 women- by marraige or whatever-in the same time, he firstly

attracted to whom has the outer beauty after a period of time long or less

he will converted to the inner beauty one, he will demand relief.

that's my opinio i hope to lestin to urs

09:27 AM Jun 21 2008 |

xwmichelle

xwmichelle

China

I want to know if you are a manager, you must choose one from two. At frist sight, which one do you want  to choose?most of us will see which one is beauty . Is it right?                  Althought both beauty are important, but at this time. if you a beautiful person,you will get more chance than others. That stands to reason.

11:10 AM Jun 21 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

if i'm a manager i'll choose competence.outer beauty can be managed.everyone of us can have outer beauty if he have the will to change his outlook.

12:11 PM Jun 21 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

we see the beauty according to what definition we give to it.everyone of us has different eyes and looks at beauty through them.you can find someone beantiful but others can find him ugly.

11:40 AM Jun 22 2008 |

yaris83

yaris83

United Kingdom

I see that almost replies are agree with each other, just i wanna add an important point

Everyone judges others by looks but it shouldn’t be the most important factor in determining someone’s character. We shouldn’t be overly obssessed as to live by how we looks but unfortunately, we are too weak to resist beauty, especialy women beauty, even if we are sure that  beauty looked with eyes doesn't last forever.

We should concentrate on inner beauty and i think the outer beauty is what we inherit and the inner beauty is what we acquire.The point is that inner beauty is more important than outside beauty, but if a person is strong by nature,character,ethics,morals in otehr word if he/she derives his/her strength from religion then he/she automatically starts looking good by appearnce.

Believe me if you start your day with a smile and conitnue smiling the whole day you look so beautiful Wink.

11:46 AM Jun 23 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

In theory inner beauty is more important. But in reality, for many jobs, a good image is well received and it can make you to get better chances for a job. For example, for models, secretaries, people en human relations, etc.

Nowadays, society expects you look good and project a good and healthy image: Be slim, be modern, earn a lot of money, go to the gym, have a nice car… all is about image.

In my case, of course I enjoy to see a good body, but there´s more important aspects in a person that make me feel attracted by them.

11:34 PM Jun 24 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

i think both prove thier selves. from outer beauty we attaracted alot but if someone who has inner beauty then he/she is also inspired us. if we spend some time with them.

and one thing outer beauty leave effect on us for shor time, but inner's effect is not forgetable.

04:17 AM Jun 25 2008 |