Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

ARE WE DIFFERENT IF OUR RELIGIONS OR NATIONALITIES DIFFERENT?

cyprolaw

cyprolaw

Turkey

Yes Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I'm a Turkish Muslim. And I want you to  read the beneath poem , and answer to me. Are we really different if our religions or nationalities different? I have given my answer by my title, but wonder about your comments.

WE  ARE  NOT  SO  DIFFERENT  

Our  love  to  our  slips  isn’t  the  same

Our  need  to  love  or  to  be loved  isn’t   the  same

The desire  of  a  partner  to  share the  life ,isn’t  the  same

A  little  smile   doesn’t   warm  both  our  and  everyone’s heart in  the  same  manner

Don’t  we  live  in  ambiances  where  there  are bads  such  as  goods  and  goods  such  as  bads  as  well ,Our   obligation  to  tolerate   each other ,isn’t   the  same  Even  though  we  do not  speak the  same language, the  content  of  our  love  speeches  and  curses  isn’t  the   same 

The  satire  to  us ,when  we  say  the  truth which  correspondes  to  profits, isn’t  the  same,

Or ,  the  acclamation  to  us , when  we  say  the  false  which  suits  to  profits, isn’t  the  same

Our  fraility  on  saying  lies, making  rumours, 

And  our  incentive   struggle  against  our  “selves” during  resisting   to them  isn’t  the  same,

Our  impatience  to  hunger, to cold , to misery , to  unhappiness  isn’t  the  same

Our  expectation  on  being   evaluated  and   on  being  thanked  isn’t   the same

Our  envies, ambitions , angers aren’t  the  same

Our  impatiance  to  injustice , to hopelessness  isn’t  the  same

In spite  of  our  whole hopelessness , our  rush  behind  the  hope  isn’t the  same Don’t we  shed   the  same  tears , when  something   or  someone  hurts  us  or  our  heart Don’t  we  live  in  a  world  which  is  essentially   so  small  , even  we  suppose  so  giant  is itDon’t  we  breath  the  same  air  and  don’t  we  set  foot on the  same  earth When  we  either  fight  or   make  peace , the  claim such as “ we  did  this  for  surviving” isn’t the sameDon’t   whole  of  us – even  the most  realists – wait   innerly   for  a  “Favour  Angel” like  a  little  child,Don’t  we  wait  the object  lessons , when  we  stay  helpless  under  the  bulk  of  injustice

Don’t  we need  to  the  deep   presence  of  a  Creator   with  the  same  manner

Don’t  we  believe  in  the  same  Creator, if  we  are  Christian, Jewish  or  Muslim;

Even if  we  believe  in different  Creators 

Or  ,

Even if  we  continue    insisting  the absence  of  a  Creator,

And  also,

Even if  we  live  different  destinies,  

Moreover

Even if   we  don’t  believe  in “destiny”

Don’t  we  share  the  same destiny: “DEATH”  ........................................................................ ........................................................................ 

Because  we  are  HUMAN   BEINGS,

Our  Foible  is  to the  SAME  THING…    

By  Berrin Sevil KAZANCI

: The  Human Being, The  Servant

09:11 AM Jun 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

Wow! It´s a great surprise read this for a muslim person to persons of different religions!!!

I support the poem, I think that even we don´t have the same religion we face similar problems in our life.

Thanks for share with us thist text!!!

11:23 PM Jun 23 2008 |