Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

are you mature..?

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

are you  mature enough for such responsibility? how did we become  matures??

what are the specifications of mature person??

12:45 PM Jul 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

if "mature" in this sense is mentally or psychologically mature.

Some people never become mature until the last minute of their lives while others seem born mature.

Maturity comes not with the age. It comes unexpectedly in the moments that you have to use both your heart and mind together to consider, decide, make judgement, solve problems, find a way out under certain demanding circumstance.

Experience is important but not a must for being a mature person. As you may see some young people are more mature than older ones.

02:18 PM Jul 04 2008 |

Ra_quraishi

Pakistan

?   Laughing

02:42 PM Jul 04 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Mature is if you can solve your problems by your own efforts, not always stick on or hoping for other help. Or in another words you have full rensponsibility up on yourself.

05:16 PM Jul 04 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

gigi,

Experience is important but not a must for being a mature person.

dosen't that depend about a kind of experience?

sometimes an experience done for a child in first years of his\her age, and make them mature in anyway..

05:20 PM Jul 04 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

Asiulunia, i agree

05:24 PM Jul 04 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Btw do you agree that girls are mentally more mature than boys at the same age?

05:25 PM Jul 04 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

mike,

can maturity give us a peace inside us??

05:28 PM Jul 04 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

yes mike, i agree, but that done in some lines..

05:31 PM Jul 04 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Wow nabila you’ve really given me a hard question if you ask me about deep thought question about life issue because I just enjoy my life and don’t bother with the deep meaning of it.=)
if we talk about maturity we also talk about responsibility. If we’re getting mature in age we’d think of marriage. You have husband and ofcourse both of you must respect each other as partner in life. Then each one has task in the family. You can compromise and divise it with your husband. Maybe sm short of small job like who’s gonna throw the rubbish, or who’s gonna get the laundry etc could also be arranged between you and him as part of husband and wife livehood. You learn to be responsible in your marriage life. And then you have a baby and it’d be a great happiness but also a great “terror” if you didn’t make ready yourself for it. Having a baby so you must get ready yourself for changing your baby’s diaper, getting up late in the night if the baby had his diaper wet by his pee and etc. But y’know by doing that unselfish thing you’d learn how to be patient and the best main part is to take responsibility upon other lives. Yeah maybe it’s the meaning of maturity. =)

09:41 PM Jul 04 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

From my last post I came up with another question. Do you agree if any broken marriage is the result of unmaturity couple? I mean maybe the husband couldn’t afford the family’s expenditure or in another words he can’t take responsibility of the family’s finance.

09:55 PM Jul 04 2008 |