Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

are you mature..?

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

are you  mature enough for such responsibility? how did we become  matures??

what are the specifications of mature person??

12:45 PM Jul 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

This talk sounds fishy I think. Are we being up to anything particular? Sorry if I ask.

05:28 PM Jul 06 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

mike , what did you mean ??

05:34 PM Jul 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Btw do you think that by being take responsibility of ourself is enough to be called a mature person? Don’t you think that maturity is also determined of our ability to take responsibility upon other people lives? I mean we’re not alone in this life. We have family and if you smhow get married maybe smhow you’d have children beside having a wife. And then you have father and mother in law. And then you’d have your lover’s family as your new big family.???

05:47 PM Jul 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

No, nabila. I just have another though after seeing the latest posts on this theme. But I hope it’s just my wild guess and hoping my guessing is wrong. Sorry nabila for the uncomfortable. It’s my error.=)

05:56 PM Jul 06 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

hhhhhahahahhhha

ملعوبة

08:53 PM Jul 06 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I feel a matured person turns

honest,

innocent,

spontaneous,etc.etc.

02:14 AM Jul 07 2008 |

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

Hi nabila,

As I said … experience is important …...but not a must ….

The experience in the early years of a child's ages is what nature generally give him or her to have physical and mental development.  So, it's important for a child to gain experience.

But, as I said, in terms of mental development, not every child grows up and becomes a mature adult while others become mature before entering their adulthood.

12:21 PM Jul 07 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Ryo,
It’s normal if parent wants their children to have a well living life with appropriate and mature spouse, mature in the parent’s definition. It’s just like a cycle. Parents have a responsibility to take care their children as a part of their maturity task (since my definition of maturity is not only about ourself but also our children, or anybody around us). But if then the children didn’t pledge into the parents choices so be it. Then here we come to the child’s responsibility as a mature person. He must proves to his parent that his choice is the best for him, in your marriage case, since the one who will get married is the child, so he have rights to choose his future live partner. Parents have duty and also their responsibility to give any advise for the child’s good, but the final decision is belong to the child. So everybody has their maturity duty. Maybe the analogy just like that.

03:30 PM Jul 07 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

hakimi,

ملعوبة . in my country we say this word when we hear a talking we wender  it , but can't or don't want to retaliate it..

or when we hear a joke like your joke..

04:00 PM Jul 07 2008 |