Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

LATE

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Recently I watched a movie on TV. I forgot about the title but it’s maybe smthing like “The League of Outstanding Gentlemen”. One of the actors is Sean Connery. And I found this dialog in the film. “LATE is woman’s prerogrative”. What do you think about that saying guys? Does that really show the fact in life or they just mumbled around?=)

11:43 AM Jul 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

do they mean women are usually late?or may be men never be late?i don't think so.some people are punctual .others are not.nothing to do with sex.

06:43 PM Jul 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

He might mean that woman take much time to decorate herselfWink(make up) &consider woman responsible for making male late too.

haahaaa  ?

12:42 AM Jul 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

lol dev.
Yeah woman deserves to be waited for because she’s precious and adorable. Moreover she did that make up thing is just to make us men happy.=)

06:08 AM Jul 06 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

no mike!!! women put the make up to feel happy and pretty.they don't care about you men…!!!!you should start to care about your looking and be hundsomLaughingand all women will wait for you.

03:15 PM Jul 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Lilimira, maybe you’re right about women always want to be looked beautiful and one way to do it is by doing make up thing. But y’know they do it because they want to get praise and compliments from men. I think you’d be happy if your husband or your lover calls you pretty.=)

05:06 PM Jul 06 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

i think, the problem are hidden in the patience of man. am i right? of caurce yes..Laughing

men, you should learn patience.. realy

05:31 PM Jul 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Nabila, I think patience is a part of men’s duty. Y’know a man must have strong will and patience to accompany his love partner shopping around for hours and also waiting for her while she’s being in the salon getting the pedicure and manicure treatment.=)

06:59 PM Jul 06 2008 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

yes, this is your working in the life .. hahah

08:39 PM Jul 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Also a man must be patient before his love proposal is approved by his future lover. Y’know being a man is not that easy.=)

09:09 PM Jul 06 2008 |

zanaz

zanaz

Algeria

Lili, dhehketi elwahed we howa mashe baghi yedhek, well, thank you:)

10:52 PM Jul 06 2008 |