Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Give me a reason not to get married?=)

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Like I always do lately, I watched a film again and found many interesting things.
I watched a film last night and its title is “He said, She said”. It’s a story of a love couple whom the man hadn’t ready yet for a marriage, for a commited relationship. They had many problems just because of that then. As it’s always, the man reconsidered his fault and then they make up again after had broken it for a while. In the end they became accepting their lackness and then they live happily ever after.=) Actually I didn’t really know that much, I mean the ending of it, but I hope it’d happened just like that.lol
what I want to ask is, what do you think about marriage? Do man really has a problem with commited relationship? What’s their concerned so they’re being a marriage’s paranoid?

06:08 AM Jul 18 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Btw I’d like to say thanks to Sibel or Can I Cry, for inspiring me to come up with this idea. You’re the man, Sibel.=)

06:17 AM Jul 18 2008 |

Lin etual

Lin etual

Russian Federation

You men are just so afraid of any responsibility that don’t see how great it is to be responsible, when a woman confides in you the most precious things, her body and soul, when small little creatures call you father and look at you with admiration of those praying for god…
Hey, men who are married, tell mike that i am right pls…..

11:32 AM Jul 18 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

nice topic,mike.

we have our fears.men as women fear to change life and think they'll lose their freedom in marriage.some people understand marriage as possession and problems start just from this idea.but when we understand marriage as being by each other's side,there's no problem.

11:48 AM Jul 18 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Lin, I believe in marriage and the need of it in our life. Like I’d said on mature’s thread, we need to get married so that we could be a mature person with responsibility. Y’know by having a baby you’d find yourself being unselfish. So a status as husband and wife would smhow make you to be a better person.=)
So now you know that I’m not a marriage hater.=)

03:08 PM Jul 18 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Lili, yeah marriage is full with problems. And those things make it more attractive. Whatsoever they face it together, husband and wife. So they can divide and arrange the family’s plan and solve problems together, which make it easier to make a solution. They can discuss it, thinking about the best solution. That’s why on my definition, every family’s decision is an combination of husband and wife’s thinking. So it’d be the best decision for both of them. Both have rights to decide the family’s future.=)

03:33 PM Jul 18 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Justic,
Wow, you’re such a full of love person and unselfish person. Great to have you here.=)

03:40 PM Jul 18 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

I think at first it’d make a controversy to our critical friends here on ebaby.lol
Yeah maybe I’d choosed a wrong title. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Ok, lin. Peace.=)

04:35 PM Jul 18 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

ryo,we can be with someone and preserve our freedom but i didn't understand what's money doing here!!!!Laughing

07:39 PM Jul 19 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

Ryo,we can preserve our freedom inside marriage.if we are mature enough to understand life by each other's side.i baelieve if we love someone we should marry him/her and  experience life by his/her side.

concerning money .it's important everywhere but it's not a reason to get married.we can marry without too much money.it's silly to wait for money to get married.here people are doing what it suit them or what they can.some algerians spend too much money to get married  while others just try to survive and get married.

12:27 PM Jul 20 2008 |