Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How to make your oral english improving

Aoyuhai

Aoyuhai

China

I am english learner, my written english is ok for communicating with people. 

However, my oral english is not good, i am always nervous when i am speaking to people in english and then starting to make silly stupid mistakes in words organise,grammar etc.   

i knew this site by my former classmate,who told me i could improve my english and made friends who have the same aim and interest in english from the whold world.

So, i am here, and really, i made some honest and kind friends our of china. I am so pleased about that, 

Finnaly, is there anybody can advise how can i improve my oral english? 

thanks buddies ! 

02:44 AM Aug 18 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

曉曉

China

I also know it .My english is not good in oral english.

03:40 AM Aug 18 2008 |

flygirl3636

China

i also want to improve my oral english, maybe can not help you,but we can help each other and practice together

06:40 AM Aug 18 2008 |

Aoyuhai

Aoyuhai

China

thanks for your replies for my question,

year, it's good idea that we learn it each other, but what if oral english of all of us are not good, do that have good for our oral english imporving ?

If so, lets do it!

07:17 AM Aug 18 2008 |

apple_lee

apple_lee

China

It's a good idea

07:29 AM Aug 18 2008 |

Aoyuhai

Aoyuhai

China

Hi, MJ2008

i appreaciate your comment!  year, i think your way ,finding a native speaker, is good.

anyway, thanks!  

08:22 AM Aug 18 2008 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

Watching American movies and TV News with subtitles is good way to practice listening to oral English. If you use Skype and talk with a native English speaker, record your conversation so that you can listen to yourself speaking. I save audio of most of my Skypecasts. Eventually, I will make podcasts of them and post them. That may be useful, too. Feel free to come to my Skypecasts on the weekend. Just go to skypecasts.skype.com and search for WORLDMIKEL on Saturday or Sunday evenings. You can also find more from:

myspace.cn/worldmikel

10:48 AM Aug 18 2008 |

Maariya

Maariya

Pakistan

I think the best way to improve eng is to listen eng programs, news doeesn't matter whatever accent thay r.

& for remove nervuosness, stand in front v mirror n speak louder (U CN ALSO READ NEWS PAPER) n if possible then record ur voice n listen. May b few days u feel shy but after sme time u ll feel improvment in urself.

Nw the ball is in ur hand n its up 2 u that u play with it r through it out.

GOOD LUCK

07:17 PM Aug 18 2008 |

Otonashi Saya

Saudi Arabia

your problem is very common , many learners have the same problem as yours , but there are several ways to improve your oral English , First : listen to native speakers speaking fast , second stand in front of  the mirror and speak whatever comes to your mind . e.g how handsome I am Tongue out, think in English, when you say any sentence in your language say it again in English , read much , write your diary in Enlish .

Gradually your English will be perfect

Wish you success

12:34 AM Aug 19 2008 |

Aoyuhai

Aoyuhai

China

Hi, all!  

Thanks for your kind advices, and i think they all are useful.  i will practise my oral english when i have chance(stand in front of mirror and speak out and record my voice)

and for watching english movies, yes, i ever watched a lots, but few of them are engliosh subtitles, they are chinese caption and english voice. So, any one could advise that where can i download movies with english caption and voice?  

Thank you!  

02:04 AM Aug 19 2008 |

Maariya

Maariya

Pakistan

speed.cd is best site 4 download eng movies.

06:53 PM Aug 20 2008 |