Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Command of the South Korean troops informed of a growing number of troops who adopted Islam

osesame

osesame

Egypt

37 South Korean soldiers became Muslim recently. A total of 51 soldiers attend mosques regularly. According to the commander, all of the soldiers were atheists before coming to Iraq, reports ITAR-TASS.

Their road to Islam “began relatively long time ago after reading the Koran; the reading helped them to grasp the essence of the religion.” Those who return back to their hometown in South Korea express their wish “to return to Iraq”; also they would like “locals to understand that they came with purely humanitarian mission and will abide by the laws of the religion.”

03:38 PM Aug 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Woaa Congrulations..! That terrible difficult to be a muslim for an atheist. But i can't believe that a person doesn't believe completely..

There must be something in their heart..

There in no atheist in the World… I don't believe them.. They believe!May not completely a God..But again they believe something in their heart..

So there is no atheist in the World, to me!

Anway..Allah bless them. It is not too late so believe.Inshallah everyone admits my religion, ISLAM

One day, every wise ppl will be a Muslim :)

03:44 PM Aug 30 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think the story illustrates the tolerance among Koreans different religions (or no religion – almost half of South Koreans profess NO religious affiliation)

Quite the difference from someplace like, say, Saudi Arabia where it would be illegal to practice something other than the state religion.

Can I Cry, you know of course, that I disagree with your thoughts about atheists, but I can understand your inability to imagine that we don't all believe in "something".

And you seem to imply that non-muslims cannot be wise. 

12:34 AM Aug 31 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Ohh I was kidding, when write >

One day, every wise ppl will be a Muslim :)

In fact there is a slogan for Fenerbahce in Turkey (It is a football team)

And it call >> One day, everyone will be a fanatic of Fenerbahce.. So i wanted to make a joke like it.

I kidded but ,, you got me wronge :S:S

03:52 PM Aug 31 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

no worries, dear. I understand.

04:09 PM Aug 31 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

So ? big deal?  

god willing let all religion live in peace….. Innocent

people have to see beyond their perticular religions.  

03:55 AM Sep 01 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Oh I c…So numbers imply everything? Is that so? Then look at statistics…34% of world population is Christian which is the highest for any religion. Here in India 87% of population is Hindu… Everyday there must be more than 1000 conversions in our state only (Remember here a violent communal riot going on on the issue of Hindus converting to Christianity…620 Churches have been razed to ground and 30+ killed, We know better than any of u what is CONVERSION). So does that imply Christianity is the best or Hinduism is the best?

05:49 AM Sep 01 2008 |

nadiaaa

nadiaaa

Pakistan

it is good if they accept isalm with whole sincerity.

RELIGION basically the specific way. by following the way u will find your destination and its upto our wisdom, knowledge, vision, analysis. that which way give us our destination in this life and as well as in after death life. 

06:20 AM Sep 01 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"ok korean people becam muslim so what?"
so why?
so where is forcing from muslims to make them so as some claim…who has the force..who has the weapons…claim in claim…

06:38 AM Sep 01 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

"ok korean people becam muslim so what?"
so why?
so where is forcing from muslims to make them so as some claim…who has the force..who has the weapons…claim in claim…

your point was the no one forced them to become Muslim?      Ryo's question is still valid. So what?

11:58 AM Sep 01 2008 |