Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Command of the South Korean troops informed of a growing number of troops who adopted Islam

osesame

osesame

Egypt

37 South Korean soldiers became Muslim recently. A total of 51 soldiers attend mosques regularly. According to the commander, all of the soldiers were atheists before coming to Iraq, reports ITAR-TASS.

Their road to Islam “began relatively long time ago after reading the Koran; the reading helped them to grasp the essence of the religion.” Those who return back to their hometown in South Korea express their wish “to return to Iraq”; also they would like “locals to understand that they came with purely humanitarian mission and will abide by the laws of the religion.”

03:38 PM Aug 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"So what?"
it is a signal to who claimed forcing or compulsion…and not to repeat such words " forcing…...."

12:04 PM Sep 01 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

SOME non-Muslims HAVE been forced to convert. (I think it was mentioned in discussions about Islam in India for one)

Yes, MANY people have converted to Islam of their own free will. But providing an example of this, in the case of the Korean soldiers, is not a valid argument that it DID not or DOES not occur.

If someone claims that ALL conversions or even MOST conversions are forced, then your example will be relevant. Until then, it´s just an interesting story to some. 

10:32 PM Sep 01 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

justic, do you really think that reading the Qur'an will cause only those two reactions (to become a Muslim or totally anti-Islam)?

03:08 AM Sep 02 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

who claimed forcing ?

Well that would be me…... As said earlier, some hindus are forced into convertion due to marraige . This argument is applicable both to muslims and christians.( it is for people who claim every thing is right in their religion). My own community has a bloody past. we had to leave our ancient land(GOA) because the portugese catholics were hell bound to convert every peorson in GOA and destroy the culture. This is 500 years ago. people had to flee and go to neighbouring hindu princely states

The same is also true for hindu organizations who reconvert back christians in tribal areas.. ( it is for people who claim every thing is right in their religion).

http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=6305

Factually, Islam forbids forced covertion.. Just like other things in islam, it is not practiced properly

I don't have problems with people converting to any religion on their free will…. as long as it is not exagurated

30-40 % of todays muslims in india are decendends of upper caste, it is these who were forcibally converted by muslim rulers . and rest are from lower caste who accepted islam freely with out force to break out from the social order. (this was shown on TV ). It would be foolism of me if i say "all" musilms are decendends of forced converts.

03:53 AM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"(this was shown on TV )"
u believe media in every thing…we have talked about media before…and espcially i think it was Oonah who explained how media work, friend…praise be to Allah she is nonmuslim to say that…if any muslim said that about media he will be narrow minded ….
Gkiss,
i respect ur posts coz u r discuss for discussion in a polite way even if disagreement between us about some topics not all of course…..
and u said before "i believe in science" and i respect this prenciple too…so can u copy paste this link in ur tool bar and give me ur opinion   ok
this is link:-
http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1-h.htm

05:51 AM Sep 02 2008 |

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

wooooooooooooooow

really nice story , i like it , they are very lucky to be muslim they are forutante to be muslim

07:45 AM Sep 02 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@ Royo

Are you sure people can't be converted forcefully?  "coerce" is the right word for this

Imagine this

A king of religion "A" conqures the land of people who follow religion "B". King of "A" imposes tax on people of religion "B". Threaten them of dier consequence of poeple of religion "B" don;t pay tax. People of religion "B" are peace ful and don;t know how to fight. Soilders of religion "A" comes to houses of people of religion "B" and says," Accept religion A or die" . What would you have done? speak with your consiousness.

There are four  types of convertion

1)Convertion dues to death threat and Emporor converts-

•  Convert or Dies philosophy(Most religions don't say this, but it's followers do it)
  • The ruler of land converts and makes others to follow the same (by force or by peaceful means). (Violent means) Mohamed of ghaznavi/Mohamed of ghori, Aurangzeb, Spanish conquestadors, Portugese etc (Peaceful Means)This is eveident in cambodia and ancient india(bhuddism spread by ashoka). Akbar of india etc…. This is the single most important reason for spread of any religions in the world. more areas conqured, more the religion is spread

2)Convertion dues to economic reasons

• religious Tax – people of perticular religion have to pay a religious tax for "safety"
  • money theory- give out lots of money to the poor of a perticular religion so that they convert

3) Convertion due to lack of faith(lack of knowledge of faith)

•  People not knowing of thier own religion think other religion is better even though it preachings are same

4) Convertion due to own will

• people find a perticular religion more inspiring.

People who convert today are type 4, but the same is not for the past.

Yes you are right the person will still be in the heart for 2 or three generations… That is the reason why many muslims and christians (perticularly in kashmir and goa)in india still have thier Brahmin hindu sur names like butt, chaudry,prabhu etc…. Kashmiri muslims still sing in mosques, which is a practice coming from singing in hindu temples.

@Oseseme That piece of documentary was shown on Indian national news channel, Run by government of india. The present govt is "secular" in nature. Any how the all news channels in india is highly biased against hindu movment like "hindutva"

@ pink angel - so according to you only muslim people are lucky ??

09:16 AM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

"@ pink angel – so according to only muslim people are lucky"
i think if u correspond Moonman who wrote "benefits of being muslim"  ...he can benfit u..coz he tried the 2 status…don't ask a muslim one…..
salam

11:57 AM Sep 02 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

any one can put in benifits of their perticular religion….. Islam is no special…

Christiany boasts of it's "progressive" attitude, hinduism and bhuddism have meditiational ascpects… similarly others..

If you say only muslims are "lucky" then i have no comments…..

12:18 PM Sep 02 2008 |