Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Command of the South Korean troops informed of a growing number of troops who adopted Islam

osesame

osesame

Egypt

37 South Korean soldiers became Muslim recently. A total of 51 soldiers attend mosques regularly. According to the commander, all of the soldiers were atheists before coming to Iraq, reports ITAR-TASS.

Their road to Islam “began relatively long time ago after reading the Koran; the reading helped them to grasp the essence of the religion.” Those who return back to their hometown in South Korea express their wish “to return to Iraq”; also they would like “locals to understand that they came with purely humanitarian mission and will abide by the laws of the religion.”

03:38 PM Aug 30 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

thanks javaWink

02:06 PM Sep 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

and u said before "i believe in science" and i respect this prenciple too…so can u copy paste this link in ur tool bar and give me ur opinion ok this is link:- http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1-h.htm

osesame; Yes, I believe in science. Searching through your holy book to find passages that vaguely resemble some current scientific knowledge is NOT science. The scientists who are quoted on that page should know better 

Some Christians do the same thing (I suppose members of other religions also)

Here's a site for you… tell me what you think

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

03:02 PM Sep 02 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

HA HA well said gkiss, even hindu’s have this lame habit of taking “scientific” stuff from Gita.
Vedas i.e. books of knowledge (written by men ) has stuff about geometry, physics etc. it is more of collection of knowledge,like a encyclopedia of science in ancient india. It too contains rubbish about “creationism” etc . Any how human’s make mistakes, and Veda’s also contains mistakes.

03:28 PM Sep 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

well, Java,at least Hindus understand that their "holy" books are products of the minds of men. It's a start.

03:48 PM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

“The scientists who are quoted on that page should know better”
then the scientists who r the best ones to know admit that ..what we need else …reach their science to admit ..so try..
and that indicate ur knowledge in science is weak..i think u r litrature person more than scientific..
about the link u said…i don’t deny that Bible is a holly book ..then what is the peoblem in that …
plz read what scientists thoughtfully…and at the end, believing is up to every person ..

09:14 AM Sep 03 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

then the scientists who r the best ones to know admit that ..what we need else …reach their science to admit ..so try..

No, those scientists admit that THEY themselves need something else. If they need to believe in a higher power that's fine,  but just because they believe doesn't make it science. 

and that indicate ur knowledge in science is weak..i think u r litrature person more than scientific..

I disagree with your conclusion, but I also never claimed any particular expertise in science. But I do know what science is and the Koran is not science. 

about the link u said…i don’t deny that Bible is a holly book ..then what is the peoblem in that …

I was pretty sure you thought the bible is a holy book in some respect, but the point of that link was to show how Christians can find scientific "proof" in their book as easily as Muslims can in theirs. Should I believe that Christianity is true because some scientists believe it or because there are scientific "proofs" contained in the Bible?  It seems like you didn't even check the link.

plz read what scientists thoughtfully…and at the end, believing is up to every person ..

I did read them and I gave you my thoughts. I am not convinced. 

12:02 PM Sep 03 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i thought to reply for some writnig of urs but finally i decided not to do except one..is :-
“It seems like you didn’t even check the link.”
if i didn’t check the link then how i know that link talk about bible and science so i replied u that bible is holy book!!!!!!.......
if i don’t respect u, i wouldn’t check the link…but i check coz i respect discussion….
u said ” i’m not conviced” ok no matter ..it is up to u.. not all the world will be believer or disbeliever…

12:23 PM Sep 03 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

perhaps the word check was not the best. Yes it´s easy to see that the site is about the bible, but you seem (again) to miss the point of it. It is similar to the site you linked, in that it purports to show how the bible is the true word of God because of the scientific proofs contained in it. 

If I read that and see that it also contains ¨proofs¨of it´s divine nature, then which should I believe is MORE accurate, the Koran or the Bible?

Or should I assume that both were written by men and any such proofs are just the result of hunting for something that SOUNDS scientific. I put these Koranic and Bibical scientific proofs on the same level as the prophecies of Nostradamus. They are all BS

07:50 PM Sep 03 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@ gkiss

There is no doubt that vedas were work of humans… but the gita is disputed. People say that god himself came as an incarnation and imparted the knowledge.

very few people like me say that even gita is also a work of humans, colleted over a period of time(Matrix story is partly inspired by this book. We live in a "false" world, and we have to wake up to see the "real" world)

As an outsider to both christianity and islam… I don't see much difference between the two religions in a high level view( not the orginal and actual relgion, but the religion that is followed and preached today). Both have a "convertion" wars., Both have a propoganda that "thiers is the greatest and best religion". both "claim" that only people who follow their faith go to heavan and others go to hell.

05:34 AM Sep 04 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

by the way, some of those scientists r christian and know the bible and know in science than me and u and any one else in this forum though they admit and some adopted islam why? coz they know realy science not the name of the word science only…
only litrature ppl who argue a lot ( that’s from my experince with ppl) but who has the basics of science admit that’s impossible a person in the 6 century knew this information by himself….
and u know there’s a difference between the quran and bible ….u know the quran never deformed even in a letter from the prophecy time till oue age and till the judgment day .. on the contrary the bible has many deformations…to serve desires of some kings or priests..
and the scientific verses in bible may untouched coz it dosen’t affect to them….so comparison is not fair…

07:02 AM Sep 04 2008 |