Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Nice story!!!!!.....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them. She said "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat."

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked
"No", she replied. "He's out
Then we cannot come in", they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened.

"Go tell them I am home and invite them in!"

The woman went out and invited the men in"

"We do not go into a House together," they replied

Why is that?" she asked.

One of the old men explained: "His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, "He is Success, and I am Love." Then he added, "Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. "How nice!!", he said. "Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success

Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: "Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!"

"Let us heed our daughter-in-law's advice," said the husband to his wife.

"Go out and invite Love to be our guest."

The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest."

Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?"

The old men replied together: "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"

RegardsSmile
Salam

07:34 AM Sep 01 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Elaine Zhao

United States

health always goes toghter with health and success.

09:48 AM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

health, wealth and sucsess …..i think it is diffcult to gather together….or what u think?Surprised

02:12 PM Sep 02 2008 |

iuhil

iuhil

China

that's a very ancient story,which told us love is the most important thing in life. you will have nothing if there's no love around you.

02:25 PM Sep 02 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Thanks friend for this nice story. Just we should feed the good wolf which we have our inside.This is also an old Indian story. ''Two wolves''.

02:54 PM Sep 02 2008 |

weiwei6666s

China

China has an archaism"Everything will go well when the family is harmonious."Between the person and person's emotion is cannot trade with anthing,especially between the family member'love.

03:05 PM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i think the book ” men from mars…..”
is good to read to harrmony go through family….

09:19 AM Sep 03 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

this story reminds us that life is choices, i mean that we can't have all the good things once so we have to make choices.if we make the good choises then we can say that we've succeeded in this life..

09:46 AM Sep 03 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

ok master..i didn’t compose it..

02:09 PM Sep 03 2008 |

tommy_gu

tommy_gu

Germany

there is a chinese saying: be  content  and more happiness. so i think, if you are content and full of love, then you will be the happiest in the word.

12:12 AM Sep 04 2008 |

Monique Fernandes

Brazil

I liked it a lot :P Great story that teach us a lot!!

03:03 AM Sep 04 2008 |