Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Me and My Father....

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Me and My Father

When I was 4 Yrs Old : My father is THE BEST

When I was 6 Yrs Old : My father seems to know everyone

When I was 10 Yrs Old :my father is excellent but he is short tempered .

When I was 12 Yrs Old:My father was nice when I was little

When I was 14 Yrs Old: My father started being too sensitive .

When I was 16 Yrs Old :My father can't keep up with modern time .

When I was 18 Yrs Old :My father is getting less tolerant as the days pass by .

When I was 20 Yrs Old :It is too hard to forgive my father, how could my Mum stand him all these years .

When I was 25 Yrs Old :My father seems to be objecting to everything I do .

When I was 30 Yrs Old:
It's very difficult to be in agreement with my father, I wonder if my Grandfather was troubled by my father when he was a youth

When I was 40 Yrs Old :My father brought me up with a lot of discipline, I must do the same .

When I was 45 Yrs Old: I am puzzled, how did my father manage to raise all of us.

When I was 50 Yrs Old :rather difficult to control my kids, how much did my father suffer for the sake of upbringing and protecting us

When I was 55 Yrs Old : My father was far looking and had wide plans for us, he was gentle and outstanding. .

When I became 60 Yrs Old: My father is THE BEST

complete the cycle and return to the starting point Note that it took 56 Yrs to "My father is THE BEST" !

before it's too late and pray to Allah that our own children will treat us Let's be good to our parents even better than the way we treated our parents

The Almighty said in His book Quran:

"Thy Lord hath decreed, that ye worship none save Him, and (that ye show) kindness to parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age with thee, say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word. (23) And lower unto them the wing of submission through mercy, and say: My Lord! Have mercy on them both as they did care for me when I was little. (24)"

06:55 AM Sep 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pink angel

pink angel

Saudi Arabia

thank you sweetie it is very interesting words , i really like your post it  has alot of benefit behind it

i feel that all of these words are corrcet , so we have to take good care of our parents as well as our childern

07:38 AM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

justic,
i mentioned the mother status before and we should care her 3 times than we do with father …but here the topic deal with the responsibilty of father in bringing…
i hope u get what i mean..
and thanks for share
pink,
i thankfull for ur opinion
salam for allSmile

07:48 AM Sep 02 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i wanna all know the value of the father

12:56 PM Sep 03 2008 |

doha-e-b

doha-e-b

Israel

thank you asesame for this advice , now we know that without our parents we lost .Laughing

01:10 PM Sep 03 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Thanks Osesame for this nice sharing. We must know our parents' value while they survive.

02:07 PM Sep 03 2008 |

kikam

kikam

Algeria

you're right osesame, the father is the pillar of the family..

i didn't realize that till i lost my beloved father..it was so hard to me to overcome the situation: i couldn't believe that i'm not going to see his face, hear his voice, hug him or even argue different issues with him as we used to do before.actually i was so kind to him but yet, if time goes back, i will be as much a good daughter as i can…nothing in this world equals another moment with him..

for all those who have troubles with their fathers, don't try to correct them, you have to accept them as they are and love them as they are cause we cannot have them back if they're gone..if they're wrong with you or they hurt you, say sorry and don't wait for their appology..live the moment with your parents, they're priceless..

thanks osesame for the topic..

02:32 PM Sep 03 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Offff Kikam offff,

You had written it perfect and  touched my heart. I felt it completly in my heart. After I read  your words I called my parents.Thanks. I hope you will keep in your mind forever all memories which lived with your father. 

And Mary,

Offf I guess I'm so sensitive today, I don't know what I will be able to say to you. Just , just you must keep all memories in your mind, too. I love you all.  

04:30 PM Sep 03 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Yes he does Mary and you must be strong in your life towards to everthing. Good luck. Be happy and Healthy. :)

06:01 PM Sep 03 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Very good! :) I agree with all sentences..REally true! :)

Hmm. But I have never kissed or huged my dad, everytime I want. Becoz in our culture (in Kurdish culture) There must be a distance between daughter and dad!

Hmm I kiss him in special days, for exam: after a long trip, in Bairams, in Father's day….

:)

But it is nice for me… That should be so!!

For exam: I never make meet my bf to my father..Owaa so shame! :) He would kill me :D:D  :P

And if someday i marry, I can't talk so much with my husband near my dad!

He can't kiss me near my dad… :)

:)) Anway… To me, there must be a distance between a daughter and a dad.. It is necessary to save respect between each other..

It is too necessary!

:)

I love my dad.. :)

08:51 PM Sep 03 2008 |