Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

our ancestors

gkisseberth

Germany

Nice little page with popup windows of facts about our hominid ancestors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/prehistoric_life/human/species/

from the BBC series "Walking with Cavemen"

01:00 AM Oct 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

when I see the fact of evolution I wish I have time machine…

tom

ps. someday it will be possible… 

01:39 PM Oct 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I agree, Tom. It would be very cool to observe what life was like millions of years ago. 

OBSERVE.., not live   lol

05:59 PM Oct 06 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Time machine is not cool. We’d known all things. There’d be no discussion here anymore. So we won’t meet each other. LoL

07:39 PM Oct 06 2008 |

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

"OBSERVE.., not live   lol"

ehh, I'm on opposite site, 

Each day I'm living in my cave. Cave constructed in my mind. If I have a time machine I could live in real one. My real cave: silent, charming, spacious, sunlit, with fresh air & water etc.etc. If I have possibility I will not think even a second. I have decided long ago.

tom

ps. and sorry about conditionals. i don't like them. bue Undecided

08:43 AM Oct 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

nice topic

why africa ??

every topic like this ,and researches done in Africa 

of course fossils of humans and human ancestors have been found in other areas, but the earliest ancestors of modern humans look to have evolved in Africa. We are all Africans it seems.

01:42 PM Oct 07 2008 |

iuhil

iuhil

China

if i had time machine, i think i'd more likely to look into the furture. i'm eager to know the furture world, which must be an excellent one. everything will be fresh and fantastic.

maybe we can live with aliens…

02:20 PM Oct 07 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

time machine could be impossible to build, But the concept of time travel is wonderful, Especially the time Paradox 

03:47 PM Oct 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

talknow,

I mean that the fossil evidence seems to be that the ancestors of modern humans came from Africa; that all humans can trace their roots to Africa.

04:14 PM Oct 07 2008 |

tomjan

tomjan

Poland

"Time machine is not cool. We’d known all things. There’d be no discussion here anymore. So we won’t meet each other. LoL"

I know what You mean Mike. But I think that old good Einstein has got right – it is one way ticket. Some day we will by able to travel through time but only toward the future… and never backward…

So, Mike, we dont need to worry about history manipulations. Wink

t om

07:26 PM Oct 07 2008 |

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

It is most likely that our ancesters came from Africa however there is a slight chance that we also came from Asia. Most of the evidence points towards Africa however.

09:09 AM Oct 10 2008 |