Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

marriage!!! is it really an old habit that 's about to disappear!!!?

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

hello everybody

I just want to know your opinions in this matter, do you really think that or like me you don't!!

waiting for your answers , have fun 

welcome to wherever you are

08:31 PM Oct 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Personally, I think governments should not be in the marriage business. If you want your church or your invisible friend to validate your relationship, fine. If you want protection under the law, make a contract. 

12:19 AM Oct 11 2008 |

Gul shireena

Pakistan

hello every 1…lemme tell u i am muslim girl so i have different point of view from u ppls which i have read in such forum.in Islam marriage is the social contract between husband n wife..4 legalizing and 4 the procreation of genration.with out Nikah childrens are not legal .so Marriage is a Sacred n holy relation between couple.it’s a duty upon every muslim to do marry.but the main aim is for legalizing n procreation of genration.it’s disappear only in western society i think so!!!it’s a good relation n holy relation b/w couple.so every body should do it according to their own rules..take care allz

07:18 AM Oct 11 2008 |

fasalu

fasalu

India

friends, marriage is a contract between wife and husband.This contract will be in the name of God. indeed it is a contract to God who gave her or him the opposite. before getting married, we can’t say that she or he is my partner. Means God is deciding our partner. So be legal and loyal to our partner which leads to a good life. IF WE CHOOSE THE RIGHT LIFE PARTNER, THE MARRIAGE LIFE WILL BE A LIFE IN HEAVEN. LOOK AT THE BEHAVIOR, HABIT, ATMOSPHERE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE PARTNER. NOT TO THE WEALTH, BEAUTY ETC,,,,

08:15 AM Oct 11 2008 |

Baby-nana

Baby-nana

Armenia

Hello Cool why are you so pessimistic my dears havent you ever fallen in love with someone who becomes so precious to your heart so necessary for your breath that you dont want to let him out  even for a second, havent you ever had such a feeling of completing with himself every minute of your lfe I am so wonderthat you dont

08:42 AM Oct 11 2008 |

Ashly87

Ashly87

China

Marriage comes by destiny. it is related to the life of ur well-being of the matter.that is very important for everyone,it's not game.

i hope i have a  happy marriage make a family, have achild,raise my child with my husband.and try to do best for my family.i think that's very great feeling….

08:45 AM Oct 11 2008 |

Baby-nana

Baby-nana

Armenia

nad why not to be married with  a man who is yours for some years or if you are able to be so happy to have that feeling fresh and exciting forever everything depends on you only  and nothing is  bad in marriage  

08:48 AM Oct 11 2008 |

fraukama

fraukama

Italy

Well, a great topic for a discussion here! But I want to tell you Guys that marriage will never disappear! All over the world there are adherents of marriage and those who are against of it. It depends on the person's upbringing and that how much religious he or she is. Also great influence on marriage life we have according to our parents' marriage. I think there's no more important example than that one :) For those of my friends whose parents were devorced it's really difficult to keep up relationships for a long time. They always expect that the same is gonna happen to their situation. All they have to do is to change the way of their thinking. 

As to those who are afraid of responsibilities that are waiting for them after marriage – I can say the following: I'm sure you'll never be happy. Sooner or later the old age is gonna come and you'll find nobody beside you and feel really like thing of naught without anyone's support. Of course marriage is to be much worked at and you have to rebate to your spouse. To be a good husband or a wife is a real art I think and not an easy thing to bring under.

And the last thing – you never can cheat on God. Each marriage – especially a sincere one – is blessed by God!

08:53 AM Oct 11 2008 |

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

hello

I do believe in the necessity of marriage to built a strange family and then a strong and legal society , it's is the way to guaranty the couple's life together rights and duties and  there children's too , they have the right to have a normal family a father and mother and a name , it's just the normal way

and with marriage we validate this union in front of GOD and the society

ashly87 from all my heart I wish for you a great life , hapyness and a good man to complete your life with

baby-nana I guess every one is not as lucky as you are ,have a nice life

please speak freely we are not here to judge but to discuss a matter

09:10 AM Oct 11 2008 |

tameradel

tameradel

Kuwait

i don't know why that we love to dating people and we like the sexuall apple, and we run awy from the risponsabelties is't that true ? the base of marriage is to make a god family with strong contract it's garanty the right to all of the family member father, mother, and their children

09:34 AM Oct 11 2008 |

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

I see that most of us agree on the necessity of marriage but I want to hear the other side's point of view , so don't be shy and tell us what you really  think

I am waiting!!!!

09:49 PM Oct 11 2008 |