Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

marriage!!! is it really an old habit that 's about to disappear!!!?

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

hello everybody

I just want to know your opinions in this matter, do you really think that or like me you don't!!

waiting for your answers , have fun 

welcome to wherever you are

08:31 PM Oct 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Kyle A

Kyle A

United States

I think it is all in how you define marriage. Spiritual/religious marriages I don’t think will ever go away. Legal marriages will be around as long as there is insentive for the marriage to be legalized.

03:48 AM Oct 12 2008 |

sweetuuuu

sweetuuuu

Jordan

hey all
this idea its totally not r8??
what the hell ur talking about
sure marriage gonna continue for evere , coz how life gonna go on how is every thing gonna go on? tell me those who believe in this idea ????

09:52 AM Oct 12 2008 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

man become mad to marry the  woman, and after marraige his woman make him realy mad…hehehehey

right men?!!!!

11:10 AM Oct 12 2008 |

micyarrah

micyarrah

Algeria

hello

DJouzi there is no such a thing as a stupid question cos when we ask one it doesn't mean that we don't have or know the answer , I asked it cos I want to know every point of view , not because I don't blieve in it or cos I think it is going to vanich , although in the other hand I do believe in the existance of stupid ansewrs , and yours was one

Imaazh  , me too I hope it doesn't

11:24 AM Jun 18 2009 |

:-(

India

Futile to wait. It would not. So, go on and marry a girl with whom you think you can tolerate it easily.

03:31 PM Jun 18 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

1 type of marriage- a gorgeous event with 1000 importunate relatives and guests including the wedding ceremony in church( mosque) with an  oath "I swear to love u until the death separate us and bla bla bla bla" ..... and  a bride in the white dress( crying of course) and all that nervous atmosphere and all that stupid stuff….....

2 type- a private ceremony including the registration in the office and a small party with 10 persons.( the most appropriate variant to my mind) 

So, guys the type number 1 is likely to disappear cuz it is a HEADACHE and nothing more. That 's why ppl prefer number 2 - ( in western countries as a rule)

04:29 PM Jun 18 2009 |

endurereality

United States

I'm striving to NEVER marry, never fall in love, and to NEVER have children for the rest of my living life! :)

01:54 AM Jun 19 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

never have children?? why? children are the best gift from God! they r beautiful=)

09:48 AM Jun 19 2009 |

flightrecorder

Turkey

men are afraid of marriage,especially who discovered that love can come to an end,there is no certain thing in life.so for those men marriage is a promise over their "unknown future",setting some bounndaries like should love forever.no possibility of breaking off.these kind of things irritate men even if they are in love..
i am one of these men :)i do not think marriage is necessary,it is a kind of warranty that no one can give..
by the way i love children so much so i am in trouble because of marriage fear :)

08:16 PM Jun 21 2009 |