Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what is your hometown famous for?

liuyouth11

China

hi  ,  i  am  a  student , now  i  am in  a  college ,but , sometimes ,i miss my classmates  very  much .sometimes ,i felt  so sad  ,why  dont  i  do  it  better  ,but  others can .i  am  a  english lover ,and  you? i  am a  crazy  english  lover ,and  i  am  good  at  oral  english.do you tell why ?

LET  US JOIN  HERE!

NOW  ,TELL  ME  YOUR  SPECILITES  IN  YOUR HOMETOWN ?

09:20 AM Oct 12 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

liuyouth11

China

it  is  so nice  , let  us  go  on ,lt  is  your  turn ,MY  FRIEND.

my  hometown

01:55 PM Oct 13 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

01:56 PM Oct 13 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

按此在新窗口浏览图片

The Oiled-paper umbrella is Chinese ancient traditional umbrella. With a history of more than 5000 years it is also the most brilliant folk arts and crafts in Chinese history culture. It is noble, grace, romantic when supporting the Oiled-paper umbrella in the rain. It is said it can bring peace and luck to people. Oiled paper umbrella's rib is made of bamboo which has grown at least for 3 years; the cover made of manual cotton paper, with stunning propitious design that represents Chinese traditional culture, painted with environment friendly TONG oil. The umbrella does not burst, does not distort, and non-washed-out even when exposed to the sun and rain. So besides arts and crafts, it can be also used as a daily supply. Plainly refined, durable, ecology environmental friendly, the umbrella is the typical Chinese original ecology manual artwork.                      Luzhou Fenshui Classical Oiled paper Factory, located at beautiful Luzhou-- the origin place of Chinese oiled paper umbrella, is the only base of manual production of oiled paper umbrella. The Luzhou oiled paper umbrella is honored as “the living fossil of Chinese umbrella skill” by experts, is also the only “the state-level non-materiality cultural heritage” in the present domestic oiled paper umbrella profession.                    

The Luzhou Fenshui Classical Oiled paper Factory inherits the Chinese ancient craft as well as integrates the contemporary esthetic elements. The series of “classical” oiled paper umbrellas are “classical, artistic, durable”, and mainly used in remembering past times, collection, decoration and repairing, prop on stage and film and television, presenting relatives and friends. With a large variety and diversity, our oiled paper umbrella has elegant appearance and delicate fragrance. We can manufacture all kinds of oiled paper umbrella with specification and special designs and styles according to clients’ requests to meet different need.

We are looking forward to your cooperating with us for the future development!

beautiful  lake !

the  the  bridge in my  hometown ,which dating back  to  ming  dynasty.

02:07 PM Oct 13 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

You're welcme Possionate.. :) I love both them..Istanbul and Bitlis..

One of them are very modern (istanbul)

But bitlis isn't so.. It is naturer than Istanbul.. :) It is in Mezapotamia, east Turkey.. :)

Next summer i will go there..inshallah :)

04:37 PM Oct 13 2008 |

Ayli

Ayli

Cuba

i am from Havana city. it is famous for its history and old buildings. its bay and its nice people

07:52 PM Oct 13 2008 |

Ayli

Ayli

Cuba

it's really a beautiful lake

i love chinese culture very much even though i live so far

08:06 PM Oct 13 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I am from Bangalore, India.
My City is famous for Information Technology, Outsourcing, Defence and Aeronautical engineering
My City is called Silicon Valley of India, Garden City and PUB city
Almost every TOP software companies in the world has a office in Bangalore, Google,Microsoft, IBM ,Adobe,Dell, Cisco …etc…etc… the list is endless.
It is also home to may Outsourcing companies, Including call centers are based in Bangalore,(Bangalored is a term used , when people in US/UK loose their jobs to be outsourced to Bangalore,I am not too happy of this).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore

05:19 AM Oct 14 2008 |

owen_luan

China

My hometown is the northeast of china, Jinlin province.

it is famouse for the corn. in my brain, we plant the tobacco as well. it doesen't have a long history and beautiful views. but the people is very friendly.

i love my hometown very much.

05:46 AM Oct 14 2008 |

dxzh

China

My hometwon is Beijing, which has many places of interests,such as the great wall, the forbidden city and so on.

06:23 AM Oct 14 2008 |

liuyouth11

China

good  !tkanks  for  your nice  regards .i  enjoy  it  so  much .ok ,my friend ,let  us  go on .would  you like to  show  some picture  about  ur  country  ?would  you ?or  you  can  give  a    english website ,so that  i  can know your  city  ,your  country ,ect.would  you ?LET  GO ON!

古蔺黄荆风景区the  beautiful  fall  in my city !

09:18 AM Oct 14 2008 |