Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Girl, 13, stoned to death in Somalia as 1,000 watch; charged

endurereality

United States

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/11/01/2008-11-01_girl_13_stoned_to_death_in_somalia_as_10.html

How can this happen?? Its the men that RAPED the girl that should be prosecuted!!!! I'm outraged,

08:26 PM Nov 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

spontan

spontan

Germany

Israeli officer: I was right to shoot 13-year-old child

for you mystery,a ridiculous and embarrassment post!!! i am sorry for you….i can't follow you, i am one of the last fossil, called pacifist

2. The people involved are black and the Western world and the Middle East doesn't care about black people.

sorry, i am not able to think in national borders, races,and political systems of brotherhood which  first sell weapons than came for peace keeping…should  the  people from Africa take care about what happens in the western world and in Middle east ?

the following is only one side from more then thousand bygoogle search

1. Kosovan girl 'killed by US soldier' | World news | The Guardian - [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]The top US military official in Kosovo has sent his condolences to the family of an 11-year-old ethnic Albanian girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted ...
    www.guardian.co.uk/world/2000/jan/18/balkans – 68k – Im CacheÄhnliche Seiten<!-n-><!-m->
  2. The Iraqi teenage girl killed for loving a British soldier | World ... - [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]27 Apr 2008 ... The Iraqi teenage girl killed for loving a British soldier .... David Smith asks him to reflect on the US presence in Iraq and how he comes ...
    www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/27/iraq.military – 70k – Im CacheÄhnliche Seiten
    Weitere Ergebnisse von www.guardian.co.uk »<!-n-><!-m->
  3. Girl killed in N.H. flash flood – USATODAY.com - [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]A 7-year-old girl was killed after two small brooks merged into a raging torrent and swept her family's SUV 100 yards downstream at a campground.
    www.usatoday.com/weather/floods/2008-08-08-nh-storm_N.htm – 52k – Im CacheÄhnliche Seiten<!-n-><!-m->
  4. Hyd Girl was killed in USA- Video: Humsurfer - [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]Andhra girl mysteriously killed in US. In yet another case of crime against an Indian, a young girl from Andhra Pradesh, Arpana, who left home to pursue ...
    www.humsurfer.com/hyd-girlwaskilledinusavideo – vor 19 Stunden gefunden – Ähnliche Seiten<!-n->
  5. <!-m->MySpaceTV Videos: FINAL EPISODE – The Turbo Girls: &quot ...
    FINAL EPISODE – The Turbo Girls: "Who Killed The Turbo Girl ...
    2 Min. und 1 Sek.
    vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=25557690<!
    -n->
  6. <!-m->YouTube – Iraqi Girl Raped and killed by US soldier
    14 year old girl raped and killed and burned by US soldier ...
    2 Min. und 54 Sek. –

Mit 4,6 von insgesamt 5,0 bewertet

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCzLN61RoOQ<!
    -n-><!-m->
  7. Andhra girl killed in USA(Video) – Andhravilas.com -Telugu Cinema ...  [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]4 Nov 2008 ... Private Jets,Mesothelioma,Life Insurance,Acne,Death Insurance,Bextra,Asbestos, Car Insurance,Dental Plans,Structured settlements,Debt ...
    www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=74906 – vor 9 Stunden gefunden – Ähnliche Seiten<!-n-><!-m->
  8. Reuters AlertNet – Palestinian girl killed in Gaza clashes medics  [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]GAZA, April 26 (Reuters) – A 14-year-old Palestinian girl was killed on Saturday ... World Vision – USA Author: Ruth Gidley Source: Dartmouth Flood Observatory.
    www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L26402647.htm – 33k – Im CacheÄhnliche Seiten<!-n-><!-m->
<!-z->

1. <!-n-><!-m->
  2. <!-m->  <!-n->
UB Post (Blog): Mongolian Girl Killed in USA - [ Diese Seite übersetzen ]Mongolian Girl Killed in USA. Today, all Mongolian language daily newspapers published news about a Mongolian girl shot to death in the USA. ...
ubpost.blogspot.com/2007/11/mongolian-girlkilled-inusa.html – 94k – Im CacheÄhnliche Seiten<!-z->

04:22 PM Nov 05 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

to mystery

Crazy things happen in Iran, in  Yemen, in New York City, in Beijing. Taking something out of context in order to make a point about religion or culture or anything other than human faults is unproductive. Why can't we promote peace and goodwill? These forums are a microcosm of the rest of the world, just as full of hate and bad feelings with no attempt at understanding or compassion.

i think we can

04:41 PM Nov 05 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

We are not ready to change ourself, our thinking, our understanding, so how can we bring change in the attitude of society. We take a side in discussions & just play our own drums without hearing the beat of the others. So how a rythem can come out of senseless discussions.

We must try to understand the views of others, we should be a good listeners too.

Thanks. 

04:55 PM Nov 05 2008 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

The difference between any murder and this murder is that she was killed in according with the Islamic Law. She had been accused of adultery. That is a real face of radical Islam. And don't tell me that Islam has no such laws.

08:52 PM Nov 06 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

SOmali still applies barbarian system likes before Prophet Mohammed  came with Islam. If they said they did Islam system, they didn't use it by presumption of innocence..but based on the empty head. Stupid people in the wrong place..(the judge in that court)

06:03 AM Nov 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

great more "not REAL muslims"

Here's a good question, and maybe I'll put in another thread later:

A number of people have argued about how powerful Islam is, or made it a point in arguing that it must be respected beause there are over a billion muslims in the world. And yet every time one of these self proclaimed muslims does something horrible, apologists claim that they are not REAL muslims. 

So, how many REAL muslims are there?

11:53 AM Nov 07 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

First thing, This could happen any where. this has got to do with oppression of women than any religion

So, how many REAL muslims are there?

hummm, here is a analysis… It might sound crazy though(or is it crazy???)

Whabis claim, sufis are not real muslims, so you can remove 450 million muslims(most south east asian muslims). Moderates claim wahhabis are not muslims, so you can remove around 100 million muslims, some say shia's are not real muslims, some calim Kurds are not real muslims, so that takes the count to 800 million,

so 200 million left, what about those guys somalia, etc etc…. so remove 100 million

So approximatly 100 million are "real" muslims…... which is still substatial…...

BLINK,hakimi,monnata, etc come in that 100 million

12:40 PM Nov 07 2008 |

Girlish

Girlish

Sweden

I really got Touched by that Article,, i can feel how that Girl felt by,, Oh my God,, it's just a horrible thing

and i disagree with u guys,, i think this happens everywhere not only in Muslim Society and not because thier belief,,, i think killing innocent people is a huge sin in Islam,, and this girl must be innocent !( sorry i don't know much about Islam),,, but i wanna tell u guys,, we have the same thing here in Europe,, i mean in the Religious Families,,,, fathers kills thier daughter if she makes a mistake with a boy  i mean like having sex with him or even if she gets raped,,, so i think it's not in the Muslim Scocieties only,,

Regards !! 

05:27 PM Nov 08 2008 |

Girlish

Girlish

Sweden

i am not only talking about Sweden but this also happens in Europe.. in some Religious families.. the fathers kill their daughters..because they believe a Curse will follow the family,, or that girl is a shame on the family

i know it's completely a Bullshit..but it's about the others beliefs and the way they think by

i am not saying i am with it.. of course i am against…and of course if i was her dad,why would i kill her? she obviously has no sin.

maybe they think they are good fathers because they let her get rid of the pain by killing her… i know there are thousands of ways to make her feel better and of course not by killing her,, but i am talking about the others beliefs again!

02:25 PM Nov 09 2008 |