Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

GO OBAMA!

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★
★★★★GO OBAMA 2008!★★★★ I JUST LIKE THIS GUY!

01:31 AM Nov 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

MarocLady,

Not Mr. President yet; Mr President-elect   ;)

12:02 AM Nov 06 2008 |

worldmikel

worldmikel

United States

He'll do wonders for our reputation around the world. The past 8 years have given the world the image that we are liars and warmongers. Our leaders have been in bed with wealthy business people and have given away government oversight to their buddies.

I'm pretty sure – but only time will tell – that Barack Hussein Obama is a good man in the prime of his life. He appears to be much more honest than any of the presidents since Jimmy Carter. He seems to be a man who favors peace. He is a great cheerleader for the kind of America I'd like to experience. One man cannot make it happen, but finally we have a man with a desire for that kind of America. Nobody can convince me that Bush and his cronies ever had a desire for an America that is better for all. They definitely wanted a better business environment for their buddies.

The USA has been guilty of criticizing the world for not being fair or not treating people equally. We've held ourselves up as the moral standard bearer for justice and opposition to discrimination. Still, discrimination has continued. Today the USA shows the world we're not just all talk. We've acted in accordance with our rhetoric. We've finally played out our commitment to equality. This shines our light out to the world and uplifts people everywhere. I bet it inspires a lot of young people to not waste their young lives. They can believe what before seemed like just a lot of hogwash. Everyone has a chance to rise higher. People are not shackled to the life they know today. Anything is truly possible. There is hope.

At least for today, he's my hero.  I understand why Jesse Jackson was in tears.

12:08 AM Nov 06 2008 |

MarocLady

MarocLady

Germany

gkisseberth,

for me, he is the one and only true president, 2 months and a half aren´t much time till every till he will be also your president;-)

worldmikel,

thank you for your nice words which i share completely.

03:17 PM Nov 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

yes he will be my president in 76 days. Until then, George Bush is my president (like it or not)

I don't think his honeymoon with the rest of the world wil last. Nor will it be long with the American people. Expectations are very very high and probably unrealistic. 

04:28 PM Nov 06 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

When i read the result of that election my first question was  how  MARTIN LUTHER KING  may have felt hisself  if he had got that news. He might have  thought that it was worth to fight  against racial segregation  and  for social justice.  Definitely it can not get worse than under Bush

04:50 PM Nov 06 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

When i read the result of that election my first question was  how  MARTIN LUTHER KING  may have felt himself  if he had got that news. He might have  thought that it was worth to fight  against racial segregation  and  for social justice.  Definitely it can not get worse than under Bush.

04:55 PM Nov 06 2008 |

Miss Miss

Miss Miss

United Arab Emirates

I hope he would be better than the previous one

07:09 PM Nov 06 2008 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

I don't know whether congratulate Americans or express regret about the result of election, time will show up. Personally I like Obama more than MacCain, but something makes me feel uneasy. 

07:50 PM Nov 06 2008 |

MarocLady

MarocLady

Germany

yes, i agree with those who say that he won´t solve all the problems and i think it´s important to have a critical view on him and his promises but nevertheless i would have voted for him due to the following reasons:

-he is a very intelligent man (study in harvard), in comparison bush was an alcoholic…

-he is black and in my mind, that´s a very important aspect, because only some decades before racial segregation was and is probably in nowadays still a sad reality …at this point the american nation has shown their eropean friends that the origin is not the most important thing and that we can all learn from each other…

-he is a fantastic speaker and if he is really a good man (and i think so), this aspect could solve at least some conflicts in our world…

-the americans and almost the whole world have trust in him, so that people will help and support him in his plans for the future…

these were only some reasons for my opinion;)

i´d like to read something of his critics, please..thanks..

08:42 PM Nov 06 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

-he is a very intelligent man (study in harvard), in comparison bush was an alcoholic…

well, the comparison should have been with his opponent, McCain, no? 

Regardless, you are comparing two different things; education and drug use. But since you brought it up, Bush also studied at Harvard and at Yale and Obama admitted using marijuana and cocaine. Both say they have not used those respective drugs in the last 20 plus years. There is no evidence that either of them is an addict.

-he is black and in my mind, that´s a very important aspect, because only some decades before racial segregation was and is probably in nowadays still a sad reality …at this point the american nation has shown their eropean friends that the origin is not the most important thing and that we can all learn from each other…

that he comes from a mixed race ancestry does say a lot and it's an important step in the right direction. However I don¡t think it's a high priority reason to vote for him.

-he is a fantastic speaker and if he is really a good man (and i think so), this aspect could solve at least some conflicts in our world…

He is good at giving prepared speeches. He¡s shown that he does not do as well in unscripted situations. I think it will be interesting to see how he handles press conferences in the White House.  I don't think his ability to give a good speech will help solve too many conflicts.

-the americans and almost the whole world have trust in him, so that people will help and support him in his plans for the future…

more than 47% of Americans felt that they could trust someone else better. 

these were only some reasons for my opinion;)

i´d like to read something of his critics, please..thanks..

Done  :)

09:16 PM Nov 06 2008 |