Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

China 'maal'

Nasim

Nasim

India

In the recent decade China has seen an industrialization boom and seems to be riding on it.Due to the large scale industrialization China had been producing goods in such massive quantity at such cheap rate that I’m told it is threatening the USA.

05:14 PM Nov 12 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nasim

Nasim

India

I’ve also heard it employs child labor. 
Whatever the matter I’ve started this post about the goods.
Chinese electronic goods seems to overflood the market here in India.They’re nearly 25-70% cheaper than branded goods but the quality is faltering.

05:19 PM Nov 12 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

In fact so much so that China ‘maal’(goods or stuff) have become a slang here to describe anything that comes cheap and is of a very bad quality.I had had some funny experiences with it

last month I bought a Hewlett Packard printer made in China.

05:24 PM Nov 12 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

It was an original HP.But when my mom say that “made in china” mark she was furious.”you took so much money to buy a good for nothing china MAAL?”I had a hard time making her understand it was a good printer.
Another one came in form of a SMS(mobile mesage

05:29 PM Nov 12 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

ha ha China "Maal", I wonder how many people can understand that.

Yes Chinese branded goods are of very high Quality and cheap as well.  I emphasise on the word branded because the local chinese products lack Quality(remember the china mobiles, Indian Govt had to ban them because they posed a security and heath risks)

We have to congraulate the chinese Enterpreures for doing a marvelous job. 

But threatening USA??? probably not, at least no now.That is because most of the quality products manufactured are usually designed in US or Japan. Chinese engineers have great talent, but in sectors like Auto and Chips they have to catch up to the US. I am pretty sure they will do that one day

Majority of the Intel P4 chip design work was done in Intel Bangalore facility(my work neighborsCool) , but was manufactured in China. That shows the power of manufacturing in China, and design capability in India.

In my own company, Most of the software Design, and project management  work  happens in India, but actual coding is done in China.

India will catch up one day, but the same communists who are architects of china's success are hampering growth in India. (But with out the commuinists India has no future either. recent economics crisis reveled it all)

05:31 PM Nov 12 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Which was sent to me by a friend running like
”This message is gonna burst in 5 seconds.Throw ur mobile and run 4 life.
What it didnt burst!!Sala ye bhi china maal nikla.(shit..This also proved to be a Chinese product)”

05:36 PM Nov 12 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Who said china mobiles are banned? Still available here. An usual nokia or motorola mobile with MP3 and camera comes at a minimum of 3500 Rs. while with the same amount you can buy a touchscreen china mobile.

05:41 PM Nov 12 2008 |

PMV

PMV

China

threatening the USA??? you must be kidding…that's a good joke..

china products will always aim at the low-end product in a long time.

most of technologies survived here are coming from oversea. the local industry is able to put up the massive labors to the production line. about you said employing the child labors? because most of mannufactoring insdustries who produce the low-end products are sweatshops that's to say the labor cant be able to get some of ensurences. sometimes they will not care about the market demands but try to control the cost and expenses, cuz they think they are more competitive due to the low paying and overtime. its a hidden risk that the government is dedicating into as you can see. so, the electric products can not threat US…

05:26 PM Nov 13 2008 |