Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What does a real hero do during the wars(Epic independence realities)1916 1st World War in Canakkale

onurerdem

onurerdem

Turkey

I want to tell you about very interesting memories which were taken place in my countrie's independence war in very poor and bad conditions. And also waiting your countrie's hero stories.

During 1st World War in 1916 an army officer in the command of Ataturk had to take the vehicle tyres needed by Turkish army against English and French troops which are trying to land Canakkale,Turkey to occupy Istanbul. At that time the merchants of these products are all Jews in Istanbul and they don't think about the independence of Turkey. When the merchant of tyre didn't give him the tyres without money(there is not money, there is not food to feed people at that time) he said that he would bring the money tomorrow and ordered him to prepare the tyres. Then in one night he prepared a fake 100 lira that can't be differentiated by the real one but with one detail. In the real one it was written on the bottom that its value will be exchanged with gold in the central bank. But he wrote the bottom that its value will be exchanged with gold in Canakkale. The meaning of gold in Canakkale was the blood of our heros. Turkish army didn't let any moderner English-French-New Zealander soldier to land on our country and we are safe now here. Thanks to our hero grandpa's and Ataturk.Real money

Fake money 

09:21 AM Nov 14 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

MissMc

MissMc

Turkey

I've just tried to show you that you are wrong nothing else..

Be sure that I've read tihs text :)

Just calm down and see that you did a mistake.. That is all…

06:21 PM Nov 15 2008 |

YAVUZ SULTAN SELIM

Netherlands

first of all the picture isnt  correct thats true the guys name is seyed ali cavus and u can find his statute in canakkale. and it is true he has told after the war that he couldnt do the same action he did it with the strenght and the Iman which he has while the war

04:50 AM Dec 25 2008 |