Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Bush ducks shoes on farewell trip to war zones

osesame

osesame

Egypt

President Bush is heading home after a tour of the war zones that have dominated his presidency—a farewell visit defined less by triumph but by the frustrations that prompted one Iraqi reporter to attack him with his shoes. As he addressed a news conference in Baghdad, an Iraqi journalist flung his shoes at the American leader and called him a "dog."....
what is ur opinion? is the journalist wrong or right? and what do u excepct to him (guanatanamu)?

02:48 PM Dec 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

oooh Blink u touch the wound!!!...
by the way, the journalist is communist in trend not islamist...

03:38 PM Dec 15 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

farewell..hahahhaaaaa'

farewell is always given could not be taken,

those who demands to get respected,receives deep wounds. 

03:54 PM Dec 15 2008 |

Keni

Keni

Azerbaijan

And Bush said that he didn't accept it as an insult against himself. It seems he is accustomed to have shoes to his face Wink

04:23 PM Dec 15 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I love this guy,

Mr Maliki wherer ever you are, can you please collect some shoes from me. throw some at Mr donald, and some more at bush as well. Cool

1000,000 Iraqian died since the first American soldier put his foot on Iraq !!

wrong figures, the most numbers suggest 100,000+ people and not a million.

An estimated 60% of the killed are due to suicide bombing and other masccars. This is mainly targeted at shia muslims.

Estimated 7000 people killed in Iraq were forign "insurgents". 10000 were Iraqi police men and other security personals.

04:50 PM Dec 15 2008 |

endurereality

United States

the shoe should have hit his face.. George Bush will go down as the worst US president in history, good job

04:58 PM Dec 15 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

hey, you got me worng there.

100,000 were killed directly due to american forces. rest  300- 400 thousand were killed dues insurgents,

I also forgot to mention disease, That killed more people than bullets and gun Cry

But yeh, America is resposible for most of the dead.

05:32 PM Dec 15 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

ha, Mr osesame,

What is your openion on the mumbai terror attack. I would love to hear your analysis on this

05:34 PM Dec 15 2008 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

I didn't realize Random Task was an Iraqi journalist.

Who throws a shoe?  Honestly!

...I use bad humor to deal with bad situations.   I think the journalist should not be punished, and I think Bush should just go away and let us fix his mess.  

06:19 PM Dec 15 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Bush has a great response against such a fast throwing shoes. So I think he could be a great goal keeper on a football field. I’d recruite him into my player list if he also has a good jumping, reflex, handling skills. U ‘know these days a good goal keeper is rare.

11:06 PM Dec 15 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

regardless of his target, the journalists actions were probably criminal.

12:15 AM Dec 16 2008 |