Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Bush ducks shoes on farewell trip to war zones

osesame

osesame

Egypt

President Bush is heading home after a tour of the war zones that have dominated his presidency—a farewell visit defined less by triumph but by the frustrations that prompted one Iraqi reporter to attack him with his shoes. As he addressed a news conference in Baghdad, an Iraqi journalist flung his shoes at the American leader and called him a "dog."....
what is ur opinion? is the journalist wrong or right? and what do u excepct to him (guanatanamu)?

02:48 PM Dec 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kcop

kcop

United States

I am first to say I have not agreed with every decision President Bush has made during his administration. I am not saying he had bad intentions either.  I will also say it was time for a change. I am not a supporter of war, but I do support my country. I  do believe that America is looked upon and misjudged.  

04:20 PM Dec 16 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Dear Kcop,
Is there any different thing between Saddam period and USA period in Iraq? I don’t think so, I can say USA period is worse than Saddam’s.
Why Did USA go in Iraq? USA thought there was some very dangerous gun in Iraq but couldn’t find any, than change his mind and started to say ’’USA went in Iraq for Democracy’’ what??? Democracy or Terrorism? where is democracy now? A journalist flung his shoe to Bush’s face I guess this freedom of though, it must be in Democracy, if USA brought Democracy to Iraq, now, why is that journalist on the court? what a big double-dealing!!!

04:35 PM Dec 16 2008 |

kcop

kcop

United States

Choose to believe as you wish, I never came here to change our opinion! The conversation is about shoes being thrown at President Bush!

04:36 PM Dec 16 2008 |

kcop

kcop

United States

everyone has to have someone to blame!!!

04:46 PM Dec 16 2008 |

endurereality

United States

We provoked September 11th attacks by Preemptive War. Undeclared invasion in a once democratic country. Backed by FEAR propaganda from 9/11 and religious conservatives – "we know what's right and everyone has to live by our rules"

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. No WMD, just profit. Private corporations out for wealth by using any means.

05:04 PM Dec 16 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

We provoked September 11th attacks by Preemptive War. Undeclared invasion in a once democratic country. Backed by FEAR propaganda from 9/11 and religious conservatives – "we know what's right and everyone has to live by our rules"

Just for clarification, endure, what was the preemptive war that provoked the 11 september attacks?

05:37 PM Dec 16 2008 |

endurereality

United States

Just for clarification, endure, what was the preemptive war that provoked the 11 september attacks?

September 11th was an excuse to invade a country which posed no threat (WMD) but far greater intrests in the Bush Administration ranging from his father down to George.  The Preemtive war that provoked september 11th attacks were interest in it's oil reserves. The Attacks that provoked septemeber 11th attacks was in effect since senior Bush's last term. 

"September 11th was the jump start for, what is now, accelerating agenda by the ruthless elite. It was a staged war pretext, no different than the sinking of the Lusitania, the provoking of Pearl Harbor and the Gulf of Tonkin lie. In fact, if 9/11 wasn't a planned war pretext, it would be an exception to the rule. It has been used to launch two unprovoked illegal wars, one against Iraq and one against Afghanistan." -source

"We had found out that he, not only served in a transition team of the Bush administration, that he was a person who wrote a draft memo for the setup of the Bush administration's National Security Council. That he was an individual who wrote the preemptive war strategy, that was eventually used for the war in Iraq, and he is a close friend of Condolezza Rice's. We want him to resign."

"There is literally nothing in the 9/11 Report that the Bush Administration did not approve of."

"We can understand therefore that the Commission under Zelikow's leadership, would have ignored all of the evidence that would point to the truth. That 9/11 was a false flag operation and tended to authorize the doctrines and funds needed for a new level of imperial mobilization."

06:26 PM Dec 16 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

The Preemtive war that provoked september 11th attacks were interest in it's oil reserves. The Attacks that provoked septemeber 11th attacks was in effect since senior Bush's last term.

interest in oil reserves is not a preemptive war. Whose oil reserves? It seems you're saying that what provoked UBL and Al-Qaeda  was the US's interest in the oil reserves (somewhere). What preemptive war did the elder Bush start that provoked UBL and Al-Qaeda? You're not being clear. 

07:04 PM Dec 16 2008 |

endurereality

United States

interest in oil reserves is not a preemptive war. Whose oil reserves? It seems you're saying that what provoked UBL and Al-Qaeda  was the US's interest in the oil reserves (somewhere). What preemptive war did the elder Bush start that provoked UBL and Al-Qaeda? You're not being clear.  

Its a reason to invade. From the very beginning of the invasion on 19 March, US troops were ordered to seize control of Iraq's oil fields. And when they occupied Baghdad, US troops allowed the looting and burning of all Iraqi public buildings except one.

It seems you're saying that what provoked UBL and Al-Qaeda  was the US's interest in the oil reserves.

Yes

08:01 PM Dec 16 2008 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

USA doesn’t have a nation it is just a union. USA goverment try to keep together all these people who live in USA with some gift, no any rising for some thing’s price like OIL, someday, USA will not be able to find enough oil,everthing’s price will increase and we’ll see how USA will keep together these people. At that moment they will start to say ’’I’m Irish, English, Spanish, Chinese…..’’ and chaos. That time is not faraway. What you saw you harvest it!!!

08:27 PM Dec 16 2008 |