Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is terrorism ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

I feel it necessery to find the meaning of terrorism & terrorist.

I feel to load one's idea upon others is terrorism.

It is of two kinds,

1.legal Force

2.Physical Force 

3.Satyagreh .

Legal Force: It is a process in which people sitting on constitutional posts compell public to act according to their wishes & they use it to raise their power to rule the public through out their life & collect huge amounts of money & resources to rule others.

Physical Force: it is the result of first kind of terrorism &  by the people who fail to grasp power by the constitutinal ways, they take gun in their hands & try to grab the power throgh gun.

Satyagreh: the way of Mahatma Gandhi, I feel it is also a kind of terrorism to compell other by forcing others throgh emotions,giving pains to oneself to change the views of others.It is a common practice where we use it in the name of love & attachments.But we do not gave much attention to it, becuase we do not know the effects of it, but it's very dngerous. 

But we generally define 2nd type of terrorism a terrorism, most of the time we fail to recognise first kind of terrorism but we rarely identify 3rd kind of terrorism. & 2nd type of terrorism is the result of 1st & 3rd kind of terrorism. & to elliminate terrorism of 2nd type we have work upon all levels of it,we have to identify the 'roots in our mind'.

Our education about life is very wrong too.We value 'first comers',it is of comparison,first comer shall be only one in class of 40 students & 39 shall feel loosers & shall try to grab the first position by hook or croock. so the seeds of terrorism comes out of our education system too. 

01:37 AM Dec 22 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

devindernagpal

India

what do you feel friends ?

05:29 PM Dec 22 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Cry

04:40 PM Dec 25 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

hahahaha..don't cry dev!!! that's a serious topic and needs courage to enter a fightLaughing

ok, terrorism is making people see what you see using violence and every power you have in hands.that means if you want to classify terrorists ,you'll find many shapes of terrorism in this world.  

05:11 PM Dec 25 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Smile

05:36 PM Dec 25 2008 |

risky

Russian Federation

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean by the third type… But it seems to be far-fetched to me. Any kind of relationship eventually boils down to influencing others. And what is influencing if not some kind of compelling?

08:14 PM Dec 25 2008 |

funny_shadow

Morocco

i think terrorism is kelling innocent peolpe,so alkaida and the us army are the same for me.

08:23 PM Dec 25 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Vert well put devji,

Most of the terrror activity today is basically due to TYPE III,

People are exploited religious leaders. Feel as if they are victimised, even if they are not. TYPE III is a slow poison that acts on the mind. It is very difficult to remove it.

in TYPE I and II , going after the "head"(ring leaders) will work, but in TYPE III, there are no ring leaders

04:11 AM Dec 26 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

the terrorists r generally people who r uneducated, ignorant ones.

no, but Brain washed would be a better term. some terrorist are highly educated. These people are shown only one sided story.

04:16 AM Dec 26 2008 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi Devindernagpal,

You have written what you understand about terrorism. I think that the terrorism is subordinated not a statical phenomenon but a dynamical change and it is used as a strategy of communication by applying pressure, propagate insecurity and frightening so that people are willing to accept ideas. How many people they kill or how much damage they cause doesnt count  but primary what they effect. And they are successful with their strategy.

12:21 PM Dec 26 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Yes Sunay,

Terrorist are sucessfull in their motive because they are much determined than others, we can't win them because we lack that confidence.

You are also right in saying that it's a way of communication.

their method may not look suitable to us but they might have their reasonable griviences.

But what powerful says is always 'right '

05:57 PM Dec 26 2008 |