Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Judea - the ancient land of Israel

messerschmitt

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Map of the southern Levant, c.830s BCE.      Kingdom of Judah      Kingdom of Israel      Philistine City States      Kingdom of Edom      Kingdom of Aram-Damascus      Aramean tribes      Assyrian Empire      Kingdom of Moab      Arubu tribes      Nabatu tribes history of Judea

• 1004 BCE? — Jewish conquest
  • 11th century BCE – 930 BCE — part of the United Monarchy
  • 930 BCE–586 BCE — Kingdom of Judah
  • 586 BCE -539 BCE — Babylonian Empire
  • 539 BCE -332 BCE — Persian Empire
  • 332 BCE – 305 BCE — Macedonian Empire of Alexander the Great
  • 305 BCE – 198 BCE — Ptolemaics
  • 198 BCE – 141 BCE — Seleucids
  • 141 BCE – 37 BCE — The Hasmonean state in Israel established by the Maccabees, after 63 BCE under Roman supremacy
  • 37 BCE – 70 CE — Herodian Dynasty ruling Judea under Roman supremacy (37 BCE-6 CE, 41-44 CE), interchanging with direct Roman rule (6-41, 44-66). This ended in the first Jewish Revolt of 66 – 73, which saw the Temple destroyed in 70.
  • 73 — Fall of Masada
  • 115–117 — Kitos War
  • 132–135 — Bar Kokhba's revolt
  • 135 — Judea renamed Syria Palaestina by emperor Hadrian
  • 400–638 — Byzantine Christian province
  • 638 — Muslim rule established
  • 1099 — The Crusaders conquer the region
  • 1187 — Expulsion of the Crusaders from Judea and reassertion of Muslim rule
  • 1516 — Beginning of Ottoman rule
  • 1917 — Defeat of the Ottomans; beginning of British rule
  • 1919 — Incorporation into the Mandate for Palestine
  • 1947 — United Nations partition plan assigns most of Judea to an Arab state or corpus separatum
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ancient_Israel_and_Judah

06:12 PM Jan 02 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

messerschmitt

but people can believe a bunch of lies written in bible quran etc….....................

wiki has much better and truthful info than some hogwash "holy" books

06:25 PM Jan 02 2009 |

messerschmitt

The land of israel existed, 1500 before even islam came into existance, now muslims claim it is theirs,

Israeli;s have just returned back to what is rightfully theirs,

and one day, we zoroastrians will take oven Iran back from the invaders, which is rightfully ours

05:51 AM Jan 03 2009 |

narges

narges

HEY HARLOT!

Why u change ur country? ur nationality?!!! ha??Laughing whyyyyy? hehheeeeheee, U KNOW:ANY ONE DIDN`T SEE U WHEN UR COUNTRY NAME WAS: TOKELU! AND NOW when u change ur country to IRAN some people see ur profile!!  U R A LUCKY GIRL

u r not ok! u know : U HAD PROBLEM THAT WERE EJECTED TO OTHER COUNTRY! BECAUSE IF IRAN HAS PROBLEM NOW 70,000.000 PERSON WERE EJECTED!!!

I HAVE 2 ZOROASTRIAN FRIENDS,WE LIVE IN IRAN,IN TEHRAN AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE IN OUR CITY

THEY DO`NT HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH MUSLIMS!!!!

LIVING IN IRAN WANTS MERIT THAT U DO`NT HAVE IT!

U R FASCIST NOT ZOROASTRIAN!

10:31 PM Jan 03 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@messer….

Are you a Zoroastrians? even I know a few who fled out of Iran in 1980's . I think it is quite peaceful now in Iran. A neighbor of mine went on a pilgrimage to Iran recently. she said, they treated her differently but people were generally nice.

have you heard of cyrus, and TATA? they are zoroastrians as well

@nerges

As far as I know there are only 22,000 zoroastrians left in Iran, nearly half of what it was before Iranian revolution

http://zoreled.org/historyzorislamiciran.aspx

The Islamic revolution once again has reduced the religious minorities to second class citizens and the events of the last two decades have resulted in massive immigration of all religious minorities including Zoroastrians. Currently USA, Canada and UK along with the Parsi community in India have become the main centers where Zoroastrians live and have established fire temples where the ancient flames are kept burning.

The major problems facing the surviving communities are low birth rate, marrying out of the community and secularization. In 1976 there were around 129,000 Zoroastrians worldwide with 25000 living in Iran. The total population has remained more or less the same with a substantial decrease in the number of inhabitants in Iran. The problems are constantly debated and the world congress of Zoroastrians through meetings, publications and education has been deliberating the challenges that are facing the Zoroastrian communities in different countries. 

http://www.iranchamber.com/religions/articles/zoroaster_zoroastrians_in_iran.php

08:13 AM Jan 04 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

I have great respect for Iranian culture. It is still not been completely islamised yet. I think they still celebrate navroz(new year). etc.

08:19 AM Jan 04 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Also Messerschmidt can you please tell me more about you religion. my knowledge is quite low on that.

08:22 AM Jan 04 2009 |

narges

narges

to Javamanju:
i think i sould say something to u about living in Iran
and the situation of other religions in our country!
almost 92% of our population r muslim, and the other percents r other
religions like: christian,zoroastrian,jewish,Bahai,...
i think that it is meaningless messerschmitt wants to destroy
the face of muslims and Iran because she can`t live in Iran!
why other zoroastrian live in our country and do`nt have any problem?
or other religions? if she has problem with hijab, it`s a law in our country!
all over the world ,in all countries people have to do the laws in thier
countries, what about u? i heard that in ur country u must to respect to Cows!
drivers must stop if a cow walk in street!So u respect to ur laws specially
ur religion coz Cows in ur religion have a top place!
but if she has problem in other parts why she does`nt say?why she wants to destroy
the faces of all muslims in the world special palestinian?
i live in a christian quarter in Tehran,and the near quarter to us is a jewsh district!
and the end of our street is an indian district!( in Pichshemiran)
FOUR RELIGION IN BETWEEN 2 KILOMETERS live together and don`t have any problem!
and about my curse in last comment i should say when u r angry about a person
who do`nt know completely about ur religion or country see her/him and
don`t say anything?!! yes it is true that i do`nt have to say curse to her
but why she says lie and why she change her country to Iran?
she said my country had chased out her! so why she changes her country
to Iran?

01:04 AM Jan 08 2009 |

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAKE!

How u expect us to believe ur colorful map?

How much time did u spend to make it?

You just made Israeli ashamed of their supporter

10:41 PM Jan 08 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@Nerges 

what about u? i heard that in ur country u must to respect to Cows!

It is not a must. I live in a democratic and a free country. So it is my wish whether to respect a cow or not. In case you don't know, you can get beef in market as well. It is not banned(at least in most states)
drivers must stop if a cow walk in street!So u respect to ur laws specially r religion coz Cows in ur religion have a top place!

On the contrary,  As per Municipal laws, Cows in Indian cities are banned. But like most laws, it is not properly enforces. Cows have a place, it is neither at top nor at the  bottom. 

08:05 AM Feb 21 2010 |

MarcoArmaniBRA

Brazil

He says bible and quran are shitty, then he says he is a zoroastrian, but islam has got some zoroastrian theories and christian stuff.

butthead.

01:44 PM Feb 23 2010 |