Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Otoozoki wrote Where is israeel before 1945?

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Otoozoki wrote

i ve a quiz….

This map is dated 1945….what country does it show?

can u spot a country called Israel?

by the way, otoozoki is not arab at all and don't belong to Hamas alsoSurprised...least an intllegant man come and say she belongs to Hamas:)

i hope her effort clear the equation…

08:23 PM Jan 09 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

@otooziski

I agree with you on most parts, But remember, If 800 people of some other countries had died, there would have been no reaction by most of the people here. 

some people call you a hero here, but (knowing you) If Israeli's were at a receiving end and if you had protested, you would have been called names here. 

Believe me I have experience this.  I was a pro-Palestinian till a year back. but when some of my country men/women died, some people(Including the starter of this thread) were nonreactive and some even justified it.

And also, people here are filled with hate for the jews. It is not against Israel, It is aganst jews. 

And also I have seen people here justifying 7/7, 9/11, and some deney it ever happened. 

Unlike you people here are  Hippocrates. You support palestinian people. but people here support Hamas. You want end of Violence, they want end of country and people. Also please Invastigete how palestianians are treated in other Arab countries.

01:02 PM Jan 11 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@otooziski

also about communism. please see a thread I started, (Is communism a god thing or a bad thing)
There are various pro's and con's to both communism and Capitalism. 

Kerala would be a nice case study for you, Kerala (an Indian state) has a democratically elected communist Govt. It has over 90% literacy and life expectancy is same as that of US.

But it is suicide capital of India, It has absolutly no Industrial development. and Half the male population seem to work outside the state(usually in middle east doing menial jobs ). The state has a enumeration economy. The Man of the house works like a donkey in inhuman condition in middle east, and the family members enjoy life of luxury 

01:14 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

Thanks Javamanju…I will check out your other forum later….and thanks for the idea to study Kerala, I will do this. I will investigate the conditions of the Palestinian diaspora too.

If I were posting my comments on a forum in a UK-only setting I would expect to receive accusations that I support terrorists, etc., or that I am a college-marxist? hehe fabs lol

I started a new forum called 'Gaza, Afghanistan, Somalia, don't let the world forget!' it gives people a chance to talk about other conflicts, so we shall see how many muslims condemn the atrocities of Darfur, terror attacks in Mumbai, etc, if you like…

I don't want to be anyone's hero….just want to practice my diplomacy and debating skills and learn more about the issues. I do want to understand it from the jewish side, too, hope this is noticeable.

I'll be back later with my answers for fabs … just a bit busy right now!

01:26 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

FABS QUESTION: War is always inhumane. Unfortunately, it doesn't get stressed enough that this was a last resort by Israel. They tried everything. If Hamas clearly doesn't want to continue a ceasefire and continues firing rockets at your civlians, what recourse do you have? Please tell me, what you'd suggest.

It's a good question and it would be good as a separate forum in its own right.

'If' is a good word – because I don't know if Hamas  (or Israel) did or didn't want a ceasefire.

First I would not have started this war, because I don't see how it will bring lasting peace. Even if it stops the rockets in the short term, which it isn't so far, the price in civilian deaths is too high, and this will give further reasons/justifications for further attacks on Israel by Hamas or other similar organisations. It would also reduce the popularity and international standing of Israel as a government and Israelis as a people.

02:37 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

I will now start to write what I think would have been a better option in my opinion…sorry for multiple postings….but when I write long posts ebaby crashes and the post is lost!!!

I don't think I can give a perfect answer I will just give some ideas ok? It is obviously not easy to balance the needs and aspirations of two peoples that contradict each other…..

02:41 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

* I would find out why Hamas fire the rockets and how do they justify it. I know it is in their charter to obliterate Israel. But why?

(This is why I think the history is important – to understand how we got to this point. There are 2 nations both wanting to rule the whole of Palestine – that is why Hamas wants to obliterate Israel, that is why Israel has increased its territory from the 54% proposed in the 1947 UN partition plan to the current size. In 1947 the jewish population was 30%) If I am wrong, then please answer my earlier question, why and how did Israel increase its land area,and why did Israel not allow Palestinian refugees to return, but make the 1950 law of return and the 1952 law of citizenship giving jews but not palestinians the right to settle and the right to citizenship? and why was the wall built so that extra land was given to Israel? 

02:50 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

* I would listen to the complaints made not just by Palestinians, but by the UN and others, that there is a humanitarian crisis in Gaza because of the blocade, and I would open the borders and allow Gaza to have electricity and import and export all it needs.

Security at the borders would be an issue because I wouldn't want weapons getting into Gaza, but to be fair, Gaza can't stop the $3 billion worth of US weapons getting into Israel so there would be a lot more commitment needed to find a fair solution for peace. But opening up the border would also give Hamas a fair chance of being a good government and we wouldn't want that would we?

02:55 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

* I would want to sit down to peace talks where all parties have an invite and a voice. Even if I didn't like them – they probably don't like me either – but to find peace we have to talk….

They say you can't talk to terrorists, but the IRA were called terrorists but we talked to them eventually and found a solution every one was happy with. We never did that while we were refusing to talk with them. We never went in and bombed them, despite our civilians getting killed in terror attacks, but yes the comparison of Northern Ireland and Palestine has its differences I know.

02:59 PM Jan 11 2009 |

otooziki

otooziki

United Kingdom

I could say more but I think it's your (plural) turn now….

03:01 PM Jan 11 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Well here's the trouble, your citizens are under fire for about 4 years on a daily basis. That's the perspective gets difficult and any state has to take action to defend its citizens. I support the Israeli operation because I think it's not only justified, but necessary.

Any attack would have caused civilian casualties, and I'm sure nomatter what the same people would condemn Israel for being 'disproportionate', though I have trouble what 'proportionate' means, Killing 1 for 1? Waiting for at least a few hundred Israelis to be killed before taking any action?

I don't think Israel is unpopular in the Arab world for its action as it is for its very existence as a state. The rest is just detail after detail.

12:08 AM Jan 13 2009 |