Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Peace in Gaza: Stop the Hamas rocket fire!

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Over 7000 rockets from the Hamas-controlled Gaza strip have been fired at Israeli town over the last 3 years. If there is to be peace in Gaza, Hamas should be stopped and disarmed.

Hamas, instead of spending money to rebuild Gaza's infastructure, provide medicine and food for the citizens of Gaza, has chosen instead to spend millions on rockets to provoke Israel into a military conflict that has increased the suffering of the people in the region.

Hamas is a brutal terrorist group that has drawn the people of Gaza into a bloody conflict that no one wanted.

Some  statistics:

An example of the media's coverage on the rockets throughout the years:

02:22 AM Jan 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

arabhamid, don't be sad about ur effort to clear the facts….coz all here know him clearly and know how he taught to change facts well….so keep ur head of such boy….it is enough he is jew….

03:24 PM Jan 24 2009 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

even some of jews don't like what Israel do….

03:50 PM Jan 24 2009 |

Fadi A. Saif

Yemen

You have your own opinion fabs1, we all should respect it even if we don't agree with it. anyway, there's only this one thing I am going to say. Israel has broken the truce with the palestinians by doing the assasinations to some Hamasi heads and the blocade on the Gaza strip. don't you think this is a good enough reason to fire the rockets?

secondly, the rockets are mostly the only deffence the palestinians have. can you see a country with no defence? Think of the UK with no weapons to defend its people from the invasions… that's my point. BTW, I HAVE A QUESTION THAT  I NEED YOU TO ANSWER ABOUT THIS WAR. can u tell me why Israel has prohibited the press from entering the Gaza strip to cover the events? it's deffinately not to prevent them from being killed… think of another answer.

THIS NOTE IS FOR EVERYONE ON HERE: PLEASE, DON'T BE TOO AGRESSIVE WHEN YOU DEBATE IN THE FORUMS, AND STAY AWAY FROM WORDS LIKE … B**CH… AND STUF LIKE THAT. IF YOU'D LIKE.

07:35 PM Jan 24 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"You should learn the history to know what Islam the Muslims gave to the humanity, thy gave the science, history, medicines, physics, maths, space, chimes, and, and…."

How long ago was that? What have they brought in the last 100 to 400 years?   Aside from that, I'm referring to Islamists, not Muslims.

"Here, I was talking about Arabs of inside Israel (20%), not Arabs of Palestine."

I didn't know 3.5 million out of a population of 7 million was 20 percent.  Are you making up your own rules for mathematics, as well as history now?

"If you want the reality, go to the past, this land it’s for Arabs people (jewish, Chrétien, and muslim), you know what happen to Crusades, they stayed for a long times, more than 100 years,"

Israel isn't a a Crusader state.Comparing a modern country to a bunch of Medieval States in the Middle East set up by the Crusaders is ridiculous. Apart from your hopes of its imminent demise, can you give me any other meaningful comparisons?

"In Algeria, we understand Palestiniens very well, because we lived the same story as they do"

It's not the same anyway, one was colonization, Israel is a full-fledged independent state set up by its own people. Also one was controlled by an outside body, Israel is a democratic state.

"I was the movie "the kingdom of heaven" and saw what the crusades did, and what you did, the same crimes of this region, and same lays, and the end will the same also"

You do know that that movie exaggerates things. Just because you want it all to be true, doesn't mean that it is.   

Saladin for instance didn't just let the Christians in Jerusalem go, he ransomed them for their freeedom for large sums of money from Europe, and enslaved those that weren't freed.

And aside from that, I had nothing to do with the Crusades, so I have no idea what on earth you're bringing that up for.

"because some people still deny the reality"

Your idea of reality i based on premises that a lot of people including me, don't agree with, so calling it 'reality' is hubris.

"(democraty, civilization, defence)"

I understand what you're saying, but these words to me have clear physical meaning. If you want me to define them for you from my perspective, I'll do so.

11:32 PM Jan 24 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"You have your own opinion fabs1, we all should respect it even if we don't agree with it."

Fair enough. Tell that to people like osesame.

"Israel has broken the truce with the palestinians by doing the assasinations to some Hamasi heads and the blocade on the Gaza strip. don't you think this is a good enough reason to fire the rockets?"

Perhaps, but Israel wasn't assasinating leaders anywhere leading up the end of the truce in Gaza in December.  The blocade is terrible, no one denies it. But if by opening the blocade, Israel strengthens Hamas, a group sworn to Israel's violent destruction, how is that feasible? My honest way out of this is the people of Gaza toppling Hamas.

"Think of the UK with no weapons to defend its people from the invasions"

As understandable as that may be, I also consdier the UK under bombardment during the war.  Israel responded by bombing Germany cities, which killed innocent people as well. Was it wrong back then? Or just apart of a war that England had to fight to win?  Apart from that 

"can u tell me why Israel has prohibited the press from entering the Gaza strip to cover the events?"

Give how many people in the Gaza strip have been killed, as you will agree, Gaza probably isn't the safest place to have journalists running around in. To me it seems logical. For other people that are more critical of Israel, less so as the expanation that Israel is trying to 'hide its crimes'.

11:39 PM Jan 24 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"even some of jews don't like what Israel do…."

'Jews' aren't a uniform camp. Though as far as I can see, most Jews understand Israel and its decision. So far I haven't met one that doesn't understand why Israel launched the operation into Gaza.

11:40 PM Jan 24 2009 |