Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why do wemen always torture themselve for being more beautiful?

maya_run

maya_run

Thailand

Why does it always gonna be like that?

The time has gone but wemen are always tortue ourselve to be more beautiful such as in old time Chinese women tie her feet to wear very tiny shoes to make her beautiful.

or in Europe women wear corset to fit her body tiny then could wear nice dress.

even if at this time we still wearing many kind of thing so uncomfortable such as high-heel shoes

What do you think about all this? share with me Smile

05:47 AM Jan 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

BeeBee

BeeBee

China

It’s different…. Chinese women , in the old time, tie their feet, because if they didn’t do so, ppl would blame they… But things are different now… We wear high heels just because we ourselves want to look more… Erm… Beautiful? At least, if we don’t wear high heels no one will blame us… I like high heels, because i feel happier when i look taller… My best friend Quan has high heels, but she never wear them. She think she walks like a duck on high heels… However, she’s pretty… Much prettier than i am….

06:32 AM Jan 15 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

yeaa i know something dififrent n interesting like them..

Expecially shoes in China..So difirent.:)

To have a smaal foot means being beautiful for some chinese ppl.

Also there are some traditional things that is believed make them beautiful..:)

expecially in african ppl..

But we can think tthey are interesting..

but it is tradition for them..So we can't decide it is stupidly or now..

just interesting for me..

05:05 PM Jan 15 2009 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

i will never make me in suffering..just to make men happy..

Should woman do it? 

04:34 AM Jan 16 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

fashion is sometimes silly and women who did that are sillier!!some societies had some ideas about beauty and women followed without caring about their suffering.i wonder why  in most societies  and most of the times women must look nice while men don't care about their appearance.!beauty is making good use of your nature wether you are a man or a woman.it's not forcing or changing your nature.

01:16 PM Jan 16 2009 |

mooonlight

mooonlight

Turkey

and…i know that ribs of  women who wear corset are broken… what a bad end!

06:25 PM Jan 16 2009 |

lulu*lojain

Syrian Arab Republic

for make the men be happyKiss

11:56 AM Jan 17 2009 |

julee

julee

Saudi Arabia

believe me women all over the world are dummies

and the bad thing is that women torture their self to pleased men

OMG 

12:05 PM Jan 17 2009 |

maya_run

maya_run

Thailand

For high heel shoes I wear it just wanna look more high coz I'm not tall lol but my brother over 20 cm higher than me lol tht's why I started to wear it.

02:56 AM Jan 19 2009 |

JamesBracken

United Kingdom

Women make them beautiful and attractive to attract men…

Dildos,Adult Toys

06:29 AM Jan 19 2009 |

hennda

hennda

Tunisia

Good question maya run.

It always surprise me to see a lot of girls or women giving too much attention to the way the look or dress AND THEY LACK SENSITIVITY. I don't do that at all ,it may be wierd but i believe that it is not important to be nice and i mean here physically but it is nice to be important and important here means to be someone with power to help other and do good stuff.

I would never ever do something that may hurt me to make others see me as a beautiful girl.Once they knew me the way I am it is up to them to see me beautiful or ugly.

05:21 PM Jan 19 2009 |