Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

people feel lonely despite that they have cell phones, emails and voice mails....why?

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

I remember once a time i was walking with one of my friends in a park when his cell phone rang, interrupting our coversation. There they were talking and talking on a beautiful sunny day , i became invisible , absent from the conversation…....

Alienation index goes up as the communication technology advances…..People have cell phone , email and voice mails in hand but still feel lonely…..why?

Do you have such experiences before?

07:15 AM Mar 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

xiaoxiao1219

China

Loneliness sometimes is not a bad thing, a man can't think a lot about life or about others if he/she is always happy. Sometimes I enjoy loneliness after having a lot of fun with my friends.

06:41 AM May 02 2008 |

p_jakkis

Thailand

I agree with Aljensen…I don't like cell phone  ,It make people talk a lot,,,evrything and everytime ,,babble take,,,oooh just a momemt my boss call me again (ha ha)

01:55 PM May 02 2008 |

kesari.queen

India

we feel lonely because v all r dependent on sb.it happens so many times that my inbox is full n with my friends mail but i didnt feel to reply them,i dnt knw the reason why?may b i had got irritated with these formalities of keepin connected .real want to share my feelings with some1 i really dnt find any no in my phonebook or any email id. i think they must be busy with some1 else sending mails.But Laughing not to worry guys Im still very HAPPY!enjoy life.

02:35 PM May 02 2008 |

flower20

flower20

Netherlands

people feel lonly even when they have cell phone because it's just  symbol and it'snot  explain what they feel insife them self because when you talk by cell phone or chatting .the probelm here conctrate on talking face to face .also what make them feeling lonly because of becomming and getting far and far from allah and they have alot of free times so they feel lonly.if we compare this with east people we find this become low …......

03:23 PM May 02 2008 |

abdou 123

abdou 123

Algeria

i love to be alone
cause tried to have friend but ….......
it must be me !!!!

03:42 PM May 02 2008 |

Fatim

Fatim

Pakistan

i think those people feel lonely inlife who r not very close 2 their family coz i ve felt that whenever i want 2 share something or i want them wd me they r always there wd me

i dont care if someone doesnt agrees wd me coz that my own point of view 

05:56 AM May 03 2008 |

louisa_happy

China

i agree with xiaoxiao

09:23 AM May 03 2008 |