Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How do you see yourself ?

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

Do you see yourself woth your own eyes ?

It is self judgement or we can call it self confidence.

But most of us give right to others to judge you & see through the eyes of others.It create suffering for us but we accept to suffer rather than 'seeing our self with our own eyes.

How can we do it ? do you know !!!!!!!!!

12:59 AM Feb 20 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ShinjiPL

ShinjiPL

Poland

Geez dude i think philosophy it is not my way of life Laughing. But i will try to answer to you question. Sorry for my language but i don't give a fuck about what other are saying about me, beceause only god can judge me. And i think thatz it is all to say in this topic – it is my way, my way on a highway Smile

01:07 AM Feb 20 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

I dnt really let ppl judge me,m super cnfidnt,very gud lookng ,i m screwd in my studies,n i judge ppl if they wnt me to,u cn call me over cnfidnt bt thts the way i m.by the way shin a li’l more sencorshp mudnt have heart ne 1

05:40 AM Feb 20 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi Devinder,

In my judgement it depends on the circumstances when I see myself with my eyes. Then I describe myself with my ability and knowledge in any situation how I deal with it. I sometimes do favour for someone just because I am requested to do it without seeing any benefit for myself. Self-confidence is to understand the activity how I act. I do not want to do things so others see me how good I am. I do something because I think that it is worthy to do it not because others see it as worthy.  Of course I am a human and I live in a relationship with my environment.  There are values and standards in that environment which define social behaviour so that the humans integrate in that social life. If I have no self-confidence I can get lost easily. I must have also self-judgement because I can also make mistake. Social interaction among people demanded both of them. But we have different characters and different expectations at our relationship to our environment. According to this I act.

01:48 PM Feb 21 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

I am nothing without you, my Lord!

I am nothing without the love of my parents, my brothers and sisters; the care of my teachers and my friends.

All in all, I need you all to know myself.

05:46 PM Feb 21 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

"I am nothing without you, my Lord!"

What a nonsense!

05:59 PM Feb 21 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

weareable to see ourselvesclearly only in one case.it's when we diminish the power of our ego.

06:38 PM Feb 21 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hi Lilimira,

What's the power of our ego? I'd be glad to have your explanation. 

06:45 PM Feb 21 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

I'm still trying to learn me… understand my reactions… trust myself, judge myself…

Character is a big ocean.. I really sometimes can't guess what i will do..

sometimes i dont believe that i did them or not..

Then ask > why did i do? or didnT do?

even i dont know me enough!

I need working on myself :))

07:49 PM Feb 21 2009 |