Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Atheist friends in English Baby!

M. Gonz

M. Gonz

Chile

Hello, my name is Mauricio Gonz and I'd like to meet people with atheist thoughts…

The idea is not to be untolerant with believers, it's only a way to express our opinions in English!

Regards and welcome!!   

04:00 PM Mar 05 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

reyhaneh

reyhaneh

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Great question dear Abd`Arrahman ;p

I wanna know it`s answer.

Of course I`m a believer too but I like to know answers of ethiest!

Hope see urs, what about u M.Gonz?

08:37 PM Mar 12 2009 |

:-(

India

hi Abd`Arrahman,

If there is a God, who created it?

Science do explain the answer of ur question, it is no mystery. If you insist, I may get into details. But I think ur question is Philosophical n perhaps I have touched ur point in the above question.

Thanx!

01:30 AM Mar 13 2009 |

Abd'Arrahman

Tunisia

Hi :-(   India

Do you mean by 'science' the theory of evolution?

If so, would you  explain briefly?

02:26 PM Mar 13 2009 |

India

hi Abd',

u got it already!

What is ur theory of creation of God?

03:11 PM Mar 13 2009 |

_jaedeN_

_jaedeN_

Turkey

@ :-) 

Easy !!!=) Be objective … Imagine ur in an empty room… Now create one simple table… ohh doesnt works? Create its legs… Doesnt works? Call your friends to help you…! Try once more… Omg! Still not working?? Maybe cows of india would help? No? You, your friends and indian cows couldnt create only one simple chair leg… Then who did ? Anyway… If you can provide us the details of your science i appreciate it. Im looking for detailed (!) science ;)

03:27 PM Mar 13 2009 |

Jinn_daniels

India

Creatn of d earth,a lng story,try watchng the discovery channel,wud save some time…..m a believer though,i believe in science n god at the same time…..

03:56 PM Mar 13 2009 |

India

I admit that I can't, not even my friends and our cows.

Let us see if ur god can?! Be objective and don't be imaginative, just go into an empty room, pray ur god to make a table for you!

But ur point is not this. your point is that in the empty space God created the whole thing. ok?

But this still doesn't explain anything- how did God came into being in that empty space?

I'll appreciate if you try to touch this point!

And let me make clear I don't want to hurt anyone! So, pls. try to avoid mentioning cows or anything like that!

God bless you!

04:51 PM Mar 13 2009 |

Abd'Arrahman

Tunisia

Hi :-(

The theory of evolution contains a huge number of details that we don't have the time and space to discuss now.

I think you agree with me.

However, we can discuss the part of the theory which is relevant to our topic.

Let's discuss this point which, I think, is the essence of the theory of evolution:

"Darwin said that all living things were related, and this meant that all life must be descended from a few forms, or even from a single common ancestor. He called this process, "descent with modification". (wikipedia)

Darwin said that there existed at least a single common ancestor.

My question is: Who created the common ancestor?

Would you think about this question and answer me please?

05:18 PM Mar 13 2009 |

Novita

Novita

Germany

Hi to everybody!

Sounds like the old question here: What was the first beeing in the world: The chicken or the egg?

I'm not religous at all and actually it doesn't bother me not to know who or what our world's creator is. And I think there is nothing bad about to "confess" not to believe in any god. Why so? Regardless I'm very happy with my life. And if there should be any questions for me about life or how to arrange my life there are enough persons like my friends and my family who can help me to find an answer. By the way most of them are non-believers, too! Laughing

By the way: Is anybody out there who knows Terry Pratchett, the author of the famous "disc-world novels"? His books are kind of funny fiction that deal with creation and life of "disc-world" that is kind of fiction parallel-world to our world. In opposite to our world that is a globe, "disc-world" is a…disc! Smile His novels are great and I can recommend it to anybody who is interrested in another kind experiencing and seeing the world! (Wink inclusive!)  

07:32 PM Mar 13 2009 |

India

hi Abd',

I think you have something important to say about the evolutionary theory. This is nothing new to scientific way of thought. Major challenges to Sc. Theories come from within the scientific sphere itself. This is the way to improve human knowledge. New theories replace old one. But these theories are based on enriched Scientific experience not on ABC's subjective hypothesis, and never on what does religion or holy books say.

Science never claims to know or explain everything or “whole” thing. This is the claim of religion. So there is always some questions which the science can't explain today but will do in a day to come. But what science can't explain explain today, doesn't prove the existence of God, as JaeDen thinks.

So if you want to discuss evolutionary theory within the framework of scientific knowledge, it will not help you to prove your point, I think so. You need to come with positive theory or explanation of existence or birth of God. Let's put this theory to the same rigorous scrutiny to which every scientific theory is subjected.

thanx! 

01:41 AM Mar 14 2009 |