Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you have Easter in your country ?

91patii

91patii

Poland

hmm i want to know that in ur country is Easter.. :)

in Poland yes.. :) on sunday and monday .. :) but since tomorrow will be holy week ;)

we go to church with cart and inside are : lamb, eggs, flan, etc.. :) and Priest saints us it :) its on saturday .. 

on sunday we go to church and then we meet with family :) and we eat traditional food on Easter ;)

and on monday we meet with family again.. and we sprinkle water.. 

when i was young when i went ouside i was wet .. :P ehehe.. now i think i dont go coz i dont want to be wet.. ;)

how bout in ur country ? tell me :)

11:16 AM Apr 08 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

NO we don't tooo

but 

why eggs :S sounds weird …..

08:58 PM Apr 09 2009 |

sweet_princes (:

Turkey

ıf you want to come turkey ,know, my country people always friendly (: so you never to be alone.

09:05 PM Apr 09 2009 |

Nathiny

Nathiny

Poland

Amany: why eggs? cause they symbolize something new, begining and birth :) 

09:41 PM Apr 09 2009 |

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

yess it is all the week long and i love it =)

01:19 AM Apr 10 2009 |

Armilia

Armilia

Indonesia

Yeah. In my country it’s today. 10th april.
But i dont celebrate it :)
Somehow it’s still good coz i have a day off xD

01:22 AM Apr 10 2009 |

Darcyhu

Darcyhu

China

Now i'm staying in Singapore, there has Easter festival, we have a vacation on friday, saturdayand sunday.

This is my first Easter festival, but i do not know where to enjoy my vacation, since i do not believe God, so may do not go to church.

02:48 AM Apr 10 2009 |

Shugopy

Shugopy

Paraguay

In my country the holy week begans with the blessing of the palms on sunday, we go to the church in procession and the priest bless our palm leafs (in reference of the arrival of Jesus to Jerusalem where the people receive him with palms) Are really important the holy thursday, friday and saturday, these days we wait the resurrection of jesus praying. The easter sunday we go to church to receive Jesus. In this week we eat a lot of chipa, is a traditional dish! delicious :)

03:06 AM Apr 10 2009 |

zhangcaijun37

China

in our country ,no easter.every country have their special day .and do different  thing .i dont know your easter .but dare to know what will happen?

04:51 AM Apr 10 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

yep herePriest bless our palms too :P last sunday it was..:P

06:25 AM Apr 10 2009 |

apetri

apetri

Bahamas

Yes Yes, Hungary have also easter, and its a good program for children, because they can collect lots of money from thei grandma's and grandpa'S

07:03 AM Apr 10 2009 |