Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

the" L" word

roa

roa

United Arab Emirates

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<LoVE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When is it okay to say i love you? ,how would you replay if someone told you that he loves you? 

would this word lose it meaning if we said it too much? is it a commitment is that why most are afraid of this single word ?

iwanna hear what you think guys because idont even believe in the a L word. you know what they say actions speak much louder than wordsCool

10:23 PM Apr 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Ok roa..this is what i think. The "i" letter is soo straight,that mean you came to search for somethings with ambitions and honesty. Meanwhile (as you can see) the "L" letter is mades with a sharp bent to make it as it is..thats mean you have to deal with something hard,drastic change,something thats need you to be strong and immune to pain..and the letter "U",means you got to make a decisions about all you have going through,it's whether to go ahead or to get back to the way you are before…So the words "i love you" is actually  about ambitions, changing life's and it also about choices…

07:54 AM Apr 12 2009 |

roa

roa

United Arab Emirates

shardzoo, i completely agree with you ,but dont you think its not realistic imean choice do you really have a choice

07:29 PM Apr 14 2009 |

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

when anybody say ( i love you ) he\she should try to be convincing .. then it will be ok .. i mean we try to find a person who can convince us ,not just about the words :))

08:43 PM Apr 14 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

SmileWell roa there's always a choice…sometimes we have to use our instinct…

01:44 AM Apr 15 2009 |

roa

roa

United Arab Emirates

"many people are afraid of saying it not because they're afraid of it.. but they're afraid of the response .."

very true ,how can you respond to such a strong word ,you just cant, unless you love the person but otherwise you will be speacheless.thank you is actually offensive in these cases .

12:27 AM Apr 17 2009 |

pretty.angel

United Arab Emirates

how would you replay if someone told you that he loves you? 

if i love him too i'll be like " God  i love u too " ,, but if i didnt i'll be like .. " well its awsom that u love me .. but sorry i dun feel the same way .. there is a better person waitting for u out there but for sure its not me "

umm i guess its a commitment ,, u just dun say this world to anyone .. and if u say it that means "  there is no one i'd rather be but with u , you're the one " soo u just can back up once u say it ..

ThanX sweety for sharing .. Laughing

12:28 AM Apr 17 2009 |

hanjiangyeyu600

China

love means responsibility,i think everyone who say it should earnest

03:48 AM Apr 17 2009 |