Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

CHILD LABOUR ethical issue problem

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

what are  the Ethicl problems that are part of this issue

03:45 PM May 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

NabilaSh

NabilaSh

Syrian Arab Republic

08:39 PM May 04 2009 |

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

Where does child labour exists it still exists in many countries, but mostly in Asia, where they make children as woung as 6 make clothes toys and shoes for our country to sell and get money for. They only get roughly 50 P a day and are treated badly…

02:28 PM May 10 2009 |

LeftAlone

LeftAlone

Germany

in addition, many familys count on their children. they are so poor that they need every helping hand they can get from their family. so they ask their children to work.

often they dont even have the money to let their children go to school or they let them go to school only for the basic education to let them work as fast as possible to help the family earning money.

of course, child labour is horrible, but in some social circumstances its necessary  for surviving.

04:13 PM May 10 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I used to complain about child labour when I was back in primary school.

06:18 PM May 10 2009 |

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

Globally the majority of child labourers come from the poorer sections of society. Social exclusion and discrimination, a result of poverty and ethnic and gender biases, are important factors that keep children out of school and force them to work.
Ending poverty and increasing access to education are therefore crucial tools in the fight against ending child labour.

07:15 AM May 12 2009 |

lovelysara

lovelysara

United Arab Emirates

thx alot guys for ur great replyes ..

i wanna add that there good and bad sides as for child labour

the good is that they will gain good work experience and can help raise mony to pay for eductaion later …

bad children will miss out on having fun early life and may lead to a more uneducated workforce as well as could be used as a source of cheap labour….......

03:22 PM May 13 2009 |

Alebaby

Alebaby

Chile

child labor

"Nike's Employee of the Month" (I read this somewhere, it's not mine).

I agree there is no good side for child labor.  But, picture this: you are very, very poor, you can't even go to school, and then this big company comes along saying that they will pay you…I don't know like 10 cents for every 10 soccer balls you stitch, and 10 cents is a whole lot of money in your country, so of course parents will put the entire family to stitch soccer balls, because they need the money so badly.  It is terrible not having food for your children, so you're actually grateful and think that this is a good thing.  It's these big companies that are like "hey, these people can eat because of us", when in reality they are taking advantage of them.  Because if they wanted to help, they would pay more to the parents,  so their children didn't have to work, and could go to school.  I have seen some statistics and the prices they pay for manufacture are ridiculous compared to the final price of the products.

In my country we also have child labor, and it is also due to poverty, but also for social discrimination.  Like the children from stigmatized neighborhoods (dangerous), they think studying it's useless because they are never going to get out of that place, and are going to be discriminated against anyway, so they drop out of school and find a job.  Well in some cases, parents make them work too.

06:44 PM May 13 2009 |

aveuna

aveuna

Philippines

Tsk tsk tsk…

It must be the parents to be blame for this… 

03:41 AM May 15 2009 |