Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

PEOPLE!! AREN'T YOU TIRED???

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Please, please, pleeeaaaase stop these religious posts.. i can bet that many people here already are tired to see new creating posts in "Life Talk" about religious stuff every holly day.. i don't mind discussing the religion, but maybe we all will ask the Ebaby team to create a new big forum with a name "Religion"? Cause, honestly, more than 50% of all "life talk"-posts is dedicated to religion..

my big advice – everyone, write the "message" to Ebaby team and ask them abt new forum, PLEEAASEEEE

10:44 AM May 12 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

Firstly,, I guess there is no "different lifestyle" btw the European, non-muslims society and the muslims society,, we are mostly in the same life style,, the only thing dat differs,, is in religion issues…

I didn't create this topic to discuss differences between all of us.. our cultures.. religions.. way of lives etc.. i only came with advise to create a new big forum abt religion.. and there u can discuss whatever u want abt it, and how long you want..

if you wanna "fill up" the "empty holes" of religious knowledge, then please welcome.. if you wanna just say smth good abt your religion, plz welcome.. if you need to get an advise or short information concerning religious issues, plz welcome..

but this welcome should be in a special for this big forum field..

12:57 PM May 12 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

..which sometimes annoy the person from different religion
hey hey hold on :) i didn’t say that the religion itself annoys me.. i only wanna get a special “place” here on Ebaby, where ppl could discuss their religions in a free way (like they do now in “Free talk” =( )..

01:29 PM May 12 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

BLINK

come on)) there's nothing to feel sorry abt :)

i got you, don't worry )) 

02:46 PM May 12 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

You got my Vote Laughing.

02:52 PM May 12 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

How do you stop Muslims from pushing their religion on everyone else?

Answer: You can't. The best you can do is use similar old-fashioned methods to dispute what they say.

12:39 AM May 13 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Religion happens to be something that many people are passionate about. Although many teachers discourage it, I think that topics like religion, morality, politics, and others that people have strong opions about can be used to great effect to get people talking and using a new language. 

12:46 AM May 13 2009 |

Alebaby

Alebaby

Chile

I really think that there are lots of people who really don't want to talk about religion…......no, talking is fine, wait, again: there are lots of people who don’t want to FIGHT over religion.  Thinking as a teacher I agree with gkisseberth, I believe that if the topic motivates people to write and express their opinion, then it's  fine……but I really don’t like it when it turns nasty.  If ebaby doesn't create a special forum for religion, the only solution I see is for people who don’t want to talk about religion to post as many threads as they can with another topics……too bad I’m not that creative XD

03:52 AM May 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

How do you stop Muslims from pushing their religion on everyone else?

Answer: You can't. The best you can do is use similar old-fashioned methods to dispute what they say. 

first of all, i ain't gonna  stop whoever to speak abt their religion.. neither muslims, nor somebody else.. i only wanna get a new big forum.. isn't that clear? :)

06:02 AM May 13 2009 |

Star39

Star39

Russian Federation

all members will have the chance to talk about their religions so freely, I think no one will enter the religion forum to say stupid things or to make fun of others 

exactly..  

So it is better if we call it " Islamic forum" >> just an idea 

ok, idea accepted, but didn't approved)) cause we can't "cut" the rights of  other religions' people to share abt their own one.. even if they don't do this so often as muslims..

01:55 PM May 13 2009 |