Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Which is the best accent to learn English?

radgull

radgull

Spain

What do you think is the best accent to learn English language?, in my blog: www.myplaceforenglish.blogspot.com we think that it is the Irish accent, what do you think? what's easiest to be understood?

Thanks for your help, friends.

09:08 PM May 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

American or british accent.

07:46 AM Oct 23 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

right British is easier , american like cats mewing with each other , if u can imitate cats u can get it easly , hahaha..
with time u can accustomed to american …
i think Obama prefer British, coz all understand his accent!!! :))))

08:01 AM Oct 23 2009 |

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

thanks for the topic.

I like American,coz it let us to feel free of some unnecessary rules in conversations & in pronunciation of each word.

as you know language is a device for stablish comunication with others, so if we have a language which can do this duty more easier than others ,we have to welcome it.

don't care about anything else ,but the easy method of it, in learning & usage  of it.

in the other hand the References to learn American accent are available more than british one

take a look around yourselfe ,huge numbers of movies,T.V networks,showes,series,intertainment,internet,economy,politic,news & everyother important things in our life use  American english more than british.

so i think:

let learn a language which can help us to stablish comunication not a language that is full of unnecessary rules just for prononciation some words.

look at the Accent of water in british & American please,

be honest, which one is easeir to use?

wateahh or wader?

so the main aim of learning a language to stablish an easy comunication will be catched in American accent so easy.

of course everyone can say his/her opinion.

I respect all of them.

but I keep learning American (its better to know American accent is the most popular Accent in my country too, maybe about %80).

regards

09:59 AM Oct 23 2009 |

:-(

India

Chinese, Sure!

06:16 PM Oct 23 2009 |

BEMYLOVE

BEMYLOVE

Azerbaijan

I thinks standard pronunciation that is mainly based on British English is the best one ,  becausethis pronunciation can be understood and used by everyone , in all contexts.

06:23 PM Oct 23 2009 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

British accent is classy while American accent is marketable..

American accent is easier to learn because it is being practised by many..

03:14 PM Oct 24 2009 |

davoodr

davoodr

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I PREFER AMERICAN TO BRITISH.THAT'S EASY I GUESS

09:30 AM Oct 27 2009 |

BazBacker

BazBacker

Saudi Arabia

I believe that British accent is clear and loud but for me ….I'm working to learn american accent….as you know top movies are american best TV show are american I work with people who speak american accent.

03:51 PM Oct 27 2009 |

BEMYLOVE

BEMYLOVE

Azerbaijan

I understand both of them ,American and British ones , but I agree with Rosella , it's to difficult to understand Scottish one :-(

06:43 PM Oct 28 2009 |

zahraa flower

Algeria

Hello,

i think British accent is clearer so, it is the easiest to be understood for the bigginers.In addition Americans (swalow) too much sylables or sounds.

07:07 PM Oct 28 2009 |