Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Is that very difficult to marry an oversea girl to Yemen men??

melody lee

melody lee

China

my bf is a Yemen man who is studying in china now,we love each other very much,but one day he told me that his families dont agree our marriage because we have the different culture and life pattern. actually i can do everything for him i can change my life pattern…...

now both of us are very sad,how can we do?????  

04:23 AM May 30 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

chunyt

chunyt

China

good luck!

祝你好运哦!!

05:53 AM May 30 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

but he is really right..

U should understand him well.. East ppl care their culture much..

expecially MUslim boys really care their family life and religion..

For exm: even i m a girl, my father never lets me marry wth someone who doesn't know our culture..

Becoz we are so close ppl. We really dont like diffirences much. We want that all our family should be same,, with same culture..

:)

Maybe it is a bit bad.. But it means so much for us..

Wife is so important for us in marriage.. Becoz all children will be grew up by wife..

So the wife should be perfect,, ot near to perfect :) for us.

So for exam: My father always care my characher much than my bro. Becoz i am a girl! and he is boy!

And

make grew up a boy = make grew up a person

but

make grew up a girl = make grew up a family!

So we really choose the girls who marry with our boys, very carefully!

NOTE: I am not Yemeni.. Only i show my country Yemen :) I am a kurdish from Turkey.. But i know Arabs n East ppl much.. So wanted to reply in ut topic..

06:09 AM May 30 2009 |

vt cat

vt cat

China

I think you need more careful consideration, to change their way of life is not easy. Did you know?

06:32 AM May 30 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

i think it will be  difficult…...and to my mind u need to refuse (to some extent) from your former lifestyle and  to obey all his traditions.    CYC and vt cat are right.   But if u r ready to sacrifice- i wish u only happiness=)

01:16 PM May 30 2009 |

Blue-sky

Saudi Arabia

I think it depends on the two partner.  Whenever there is love between two partners and each partner respect culture of his partner everything will be ok at that time.  Culture is not important as love and kind. 

This is my opinion ( by the way this opinon is completely approved by Islam)

02:04 PM May 30 2009 |

Blue-sky

Saudi Arabia

Matrix yes thank you for your point

02:42 PM May 30 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

It's so kind of you thank you very much.And also give my best wishes to you

04:28 AM May 31 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

Thank you for your reply.

All the people who know about the situation between us try to persuade me to broke up with him,but it's too difficult to think about separating with each other because we love each other so much.

It's so hurt~~

04:31 AM May 31 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

You may think that i'm so stupid,but that's really i can do everything for him,he is a so good man and deserves it~

But now it seems so impossible for us to get together.

04:35 AM May 31 2009 |

melody lee

melody lee

China

At first we thought so and we had the strong belief that we could get together,but the obstacles between us are so hard to over across,not only the difference in religion but also the different culture and the refusing of his family.

But i don't want to give up`ah~~

04:39 AM May 31 2009 |