Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what's your opinion towards gays?

fantasycj

fantasycj

China

I have a gay friend ,he is such a nice guy ,but very confused because gays are not treated equally in our country.

I don't think it is his fault ,everyone could choose his own life.

what do you think ?are you the kind of person who oppose gay guys ?

01:39 PM Jun 23 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

AA1985121

China

no  objection

03:09 AM Jun 25 2009 |

julywidiawati

Indonesia

Life is about choices, choose what make your life more colorful…Mostly gay has a beautiful face, and you know sometimes it makes woman's heart breaking…Sealed

04:28 AM Jun 25 2009 |

Novita

Novita

Germany

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[2][3] Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[4] According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity – including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex – than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[5] Current research indicates that various forms of same-sex sexual behavior are found througout the animal kingdom. [6] A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that Same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

Biology and sexual orientation is the subject of research into possible biological influences on the development of human sexual orientation. No simple cause for sexual orientation has been conclusively demonstrated, and there is no scientific consensus as to whether the contributing factors are primarily biological or environmental. Many think both play complex roles.[1][2] The American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Psychological Association have both stated that sexual orientation probably has multiple causes.[3][4] Research has identified several biological factors which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual orientation. These include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure. Conclusive proof of a biological cause of sexual orientation would have significant political and cultural implications.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation

Today, according to American Psychological Association:

Psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is NOT an illness, a mental disorder, or an emotional problem. More than 35 years of objective, well-designed scientific research has shown that homosexuality, in and itself, is not associated with mental disorders or emotional or social problems. Homosexuality was once thought to be a mental illness because mental health professionals and society had biased information.

In the past, the studies of gay, lesbian, and bisexual people involved only those in therapy, thus biasing the resulting conclusions. When researchers examined data about such people who were not in therapy, the idea that homosexuality was a mental illness was quickly found to be untrue. In 1973 the American Psychiatric Association confirmed the importance of the new, better-designed research and removed homosexuality from the official manual that lists mental and emotional disorders. Two years later, the American Psychological Association passed a resolution supporting this removal.[1][71][72]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

08:49 AM Jun 25 2009 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

I don't have any gay friends, but I do not judge them. I have seen some gay movies, and I can understand that being a gay is not their own choice. They are trying to be straight and look "normal", but maybe there is something that we can not pretend. Our hearts can tell me what we really want, and who we really care about.  Even some of them are married, but they only feel that love and desire for the sam gender.  This is not illness, it sounds weird, but nowadays, we have been trying to be open for so many things or topics, why we could not be a little nice towards these gays? it is already so tough for them to come out of the closet. So Imagine what if we were one of them? so try to be not so hard on them, even we could not be so nice. 

09:27 AM Jun 25 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

In my personal opinion I have nothing against them while they respect me. They have the same rights as us, even when we can´t understand why they are like they are. I´m not the right one to judge people.

10:51 PM Jun 25 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

If being gay is a mental deseas then They cant go work Cool

I want to be gay then!

08:07 AM Jun 26 2009 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

I noticed somebody compares being a gay to killing or murder something. I do not think it is a right way to do that comparison. Being a gay does not hurt or do harm to anybody, they just love the same gender, otherwise they are same as anyone of us! so why are we so hard on them? you can choose not to be friends with them, and not talk to them, but please do not say it is a crime or something like that. Just be honest with yourself, what if you or your kid were one of them, it was hard to accept, but please respect it!

01:35 PM Jun 26 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

I dont know, but seems that mostly the people that commented here that are against gays are from islam!

Now tell me, Islam says to respect and do not reject no one!

emm! sorry! you rejecting gays you are not being good muslims! 

Also God created gays too for some reason! If he wants someone to be gay, he must be not deny!

right?

hahaha

anyway

I still think that:

If being gay is a illness, then they cant work!

hahahaha ;)

02:17 PM Jun 26 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

YES

I know!

there is no religion that suport them (except satanism)

BUT, Islam says to do not reject none!

so is islam right?

blee!

anyways!

This thread is just one more to cause polemic!

this drive me crazy:P

LOL

02:26 PM Jun 26 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

Being Gay doesnt mean that person wants to fuck everyone!

Also that doesnt mean he will look to everyone!

I know Gay people, and they are super nice with me! they are not what people say about them! they are extremly friendly, and they are responsable!

It is disgusting yes boys looking to other boys wanting to fuck them, but isnt disgusting too boys looking to girls wanting to fucking them?

Sorry i had to use strong words! People that had never a gay friend nor have talked to one, cant say a thing!

Homophobism is very stupid tho!

02:37 PM Jun 26 2009 |