Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Would you be able to live without religion?

SantiagoC

SantiagoC

Uruguay

Most of threads here are about religion, could you live without it, i mean, being inreligious?

(being inreligious is different of being atheist, an inreligious is a person who can (or not) believe in God, bur doesn't believe in a religion or in a holy book)

04:11 AM Jun 27 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

I could, I do, and I wish more people would.

04:16 AM Jun 27 2009 |

dreamerhh

Oman

im muslim and im sooooooooo proud to be muslim like other people who proud of their religion,and i believe there is allah(god) and he created us to worship him,and that is the main purpose of creating us—i couldnt get it when i know there are people who could live without believe there is god,we have just think, why we are created?who created u?,what is the purpose of our being in this world and then die and move to the world?,all that shows there is allah nad he tests us in this world to see who wil believe of his existance or not

04:39 AM Jun 27 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Luzma, 

you might like this quote as well:

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own."

Thomas Jefferson 

05:36 AM Jun 27 2009 |

green greener

United Arab Emirates

I would imagine myself without a religion, and how it could affect my life or my beliefs. I think religion shows you in which direction you should handle your life, it is like a base of your life, all morals, advices and confusions that you exposed to, you find the light through your religion. After all, religion is not only about God, it is also talking about other treating. So, I cannot live without a religion; if I believe in something, I should know about it and its rules.

58] Not equal are the blind and those who (clearly) see: nor are (equal) those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and those who do evil. Little do ye learn by admonition!

06:11 AM Jun 27 2009 |

Guitarbach

Guitarbach

Turkey

Religion is a consolation way for human soul.

Its take your fear about the existence.

The World would be a better place, if religions were not exist. 

10:34 PM Jun 27 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

religion is like the law in any country … or similar to it .. that's what i know "maybe i'm wrong" but u can't live without religion because it's the one who controls ur action. 

for example.. i wanna steal but i can't .. why .. it's because my religion.. that's the first thing would come 2 mind .. secondly u , urself.. ur conscience..the people around u and so on.

03:13 AM Jun 28 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

In my experience, luzma, the biggest hypocrites always seem to be the most religious. It's usually a case of "do as I say, not as i do"    Sometimes Christians seem to be the worst as they just always figure tht they will be forgiven of their sins because some guy was tortured and killed 2000 odd years ago.

03:23 AM Jun 28 2009 |

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

religion is like our soul

who can exist without it?

if some one say he/she live without religion & claims

he/she is a good person , u can search his/her

life, u can find many rules which he/she obeys from one

or more religions ,for example :

1.he /she never steal anything.

2.he/she never insult others.

3.he/she loves others.

4.he/she helps others

& many other of these simple examples , all of these stuff

are from religions & prove by soul of human being.

therfore if they accept a religion or not , they are obey it's

rules.

03:54 AM Jun 28 2009 |

:-(

India

Ya, Always.

03:59 AM Jun 28 2009 |

dan09

Morocco

I do not think that you can live without religion. Religion is the path of your life; it ables you how to behave with yourself first, with others and with God. All these relations have and need ways, aims, and reasons behind the craeting of mankind. So, all of that must be behaved just with religion.

10:46 AM Jun 28 2009 |