Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Hijab's Maryter!!!!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

A woman stabbed to death in a German court was an Egyptian who had sued her attacker after he insulted her for wearing the Islamic headscarf, Egyptian newspapers reported on Friday.

Marwa al-Sherbini, 32, who was killed in a court in Dresden on Wednesday, was the wife of Egyptian academic Elwi Ali Okaz who was also hurt in the incident and is now in critical condition in hospital, the state-owned Al-Akhbar reported.

The attacker stabbed Sherbini "shortly before she was to give evidence in an appeal lodged by the man against a conviction for insulting her over wearing the hijab,"

WHERE IS THE SOCALLED FREEDOM IN WEST FOR WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Frown

01:45 PM Jul 03 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

THINK!

nice word

10:14 PM Jul 03 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Next: What exactly does someone murdering someone else say about freedom in the west? Nothing.

Nothing. Really?  Was heißt dann:

Artikel 2  Persönliche Freiheitsrechte

(2)  Jeder hat das Recht auf Leben und körperliche Unversehrtheit. Die Freiheit der Person ist unverletzlich. In diese Rechte darf nur auf Grund eines Gesetzes eingegriffen werden. 

By the way I like Germany. It is a good country. 

10:22 PM Jul 03 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Otooziki,

if our countries is 100% islamic , then any one , either muslim or non, will live in  completly safe…

as what had happened at the time of the second caliphate Omar, when the messenger of the king of perisia came to him and asked about where he can found him (Omar)  and ppl pointed to him at a tree where Omar was sleeping under its shadow ….the king messenger said when he saw that grand caliphate sleeping peacfuly…."  U GOVERNED WITH JUSTICE, THUS U SLEPT PEACFULY AND SAFELY, OMAR"...

BUT  for sorrow, nowadays we import every evil from west which contradcts with our islam values coz our governements r secular, not related to islam but just in name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06:40 AM Jul 04 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

Poor lady…I blame all the ulamma and Islam leaders for not telling to the worlds about why Islam womens is covering their head….I can see Islam is away far behind on everything's…So sad really…Coz until now there're some group of peoples who think that Islam peoples is not civilise and didn't follow the stream of modern lifes..I wonder how's ullama living under the name of Islam…and I think the first group who will be thrown into hell is surely the ullama then Islam leaders…and i hope also …they… just don't hold to my feet's…..

Islam actually is a beautiful religion but much of the follower is changing it to be harder,they got new believe that Quran never mention and spoke about…they believe on something thats is totally not in the way of Islam believe…they're all in the group of lost in "akidah"They seem like a muslim…but they do something thats not according to the Quran and Hadith….They just made Islam as a weapons to controls the weak peoples especially women…Islam just want women to cover their head (but not their face),hands,feets…and "burqa" is totally not an Islam dress...that is actually an abuse to Islam women unless they want to wear it….

I like to see Islam can be adapted to the modern worlds..so that muslim is not being left behind and receive any insulting in the reason of couldn't adapt to the modernisation…

09:51 AM Jul 04 2009 |

sunay

sunay

Turkey

Hello Osesame,
I also have read that news on papers. I am so sorry for the woman who had to die because she was seen as a foreigner. For people like the killer it is enough that someone looks or thinks different  than themselves. The information you wrote is  very short to understand in my opinion. How this can happen in a court should be the main question, I think. In that respect I  cant understand your last sentence: " WHERE IS THE SO CALLED FREEDOM IN WEST FOR WOMAN!!" She was a woman by accident -she could also have been a man. I am very sure that people, and especially women live here more in freedom than in islamic countries. This particular case doesnt tell anything about freedom in west for woman, but racism. Besides the commiter was born in Russia and emigrated 2003 to Germany. In other words he is also a foreigner despite his German backgrounds. Those people often feel themselves more German than the most German do which is really very dangerous. By all means racism is a big topic in Germany. All people who respect human rights should come together and battle against racism.

05:23 PM Jul 04 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

It sounds as if the man was more motivated by the woman's culture or religion (as his first crime was to insult her for wearing a hijab) and not her race. The races of either person were not mentioned at all. 

05:40 PM Jul 04 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Racism down under(Australia) ?

difficult to say, some may be motivated by racism, most were just hooligans. This is a major Issue in India right now, well atleast for the media..

Rally against attacks on South Asians in Melbourne - 31/5/2009There have been large rallies against the attacks in Australian cities

The recent wave of assaults on Indian students in Melbourne and Sydney has been denounced as racism by Australia's Indian community.

The attacks have caused outrage in India, and prompted Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd to reassure the Indian government that Australia is not a racist country.

Here, Australian residents from South Asian backgrounds share their experiences of living in a multi-ethnic society and give their verdict on whether Australia is a racist country. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8100956.stm 

05:47 PM Jul 04 2009 |

shardzoo

shardzoo

Malaysia

You go about the story…..i go for why its happened…Muslim peoples got to change suit to the modernisations….This is happens because we just look into something with just our eyes..but we didn't look into it after the eyes of somebody else…

12:57 AM Jul 05 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@MemoTheHun:

It would be different if this happened, and the government were supporting the killer. This is not the case.

I stand by the fact that this has nothing to do with freedom in the country.  Murders happen, and sometimes, as in this case, in a place where they shouldn't have happened and better security should have been around. What was this man doing with a knife in a courtroom?

This is clearly a big mistake and a crazy off the wall event.

03:00 AM Jul 05 2009 |