Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are you scared of getting old?

offdetermination

Turkey

what makes you scared the most about getting old?

11:18 PM Jul 18 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

daiyinlove1

Turkey

not really! every age has its own beauty,every wrinkle on the face and evry grey hair on the head represent somthing from your past.When the time comes you get what you are supposed to get .You can not prevent it but you can delay it by eating health ,having regular exercises and keeping out of stress as much as possible.Loosing my mind would make me scared the most about getting old as the mind is the manager of the body.I would be scared that i would not be able to remember my kids and grandkids.i might even end up kissing the man who i have never seen by thinking that is my husband.lol.would be funny

11:41 PM Jul 18 2009 |

Jack_240

Jack_240

Saudi Arabia

well.. i just don't wanna think about it.yeah, i'm getting old. i'm 19 soon i'll be 20..i mean who knows.

12:41 AM Jul 19 2009 |

noguti

noguti

Brazil

you're what you do…. so you can be youg forever.. remember this!

However, in my point of view, getting alone is the worst thing to a person, specially to old people

01:18 AM Jul 19 2009 |

green greener

United Arab Emirates

I'm not scared; it is natural that everyone will get to this stage of life. I only wish that everyone will be in a good health when he/she reaches this stage, so take care of yourself and your body. Honesty, I'm afraid of cognitive diseases like Parkinson and Alzheimer diseases.

07:09 PM Jul 19 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

getting old mean in deep soul of every body that his days in this life is about to fnish, whatever u take the beauty of every stage of ur life or not….it is the bitter truth, that we should face….so the next life is the important one coz for every hr of this life there is thounds hrs in the grave…..and who died on the right belief who will win and vice versa….

07:24 PM Jul 19 2009 |

Miss Perfect

Saudi Arabia

yes I am…but it's inevitable..so better live with it..and enjoy what's left of our youth ^^

02:30 PM Jul 20 2009 |

chocho317

chocho317

Japan

No, I'm not.  

I am scared of getting selfish by getting old. I mean mentally.

02:52 PM Jul 20 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

For me what it really scares me of  getting old would be being alone (as someone else said before) or not behaving or dressing  according of my age. I have seen people older than me (15 or 20 years older than me) and trying to dress like a university student…. Terrible!!! Hahaha!

03:02 PM Jul 20 2009 |

m1l4n

m1l4n

Hungary

Hmm it could be fun isn't it? Just sitting in your rocking chair,smoking pot from oldman-stlye pipe and get pension. :D i'm not scared,everybody's getting old once..

06:28 PM Jul 20 2009 |