Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

FIFA bans players pray

Vla-di-mir

Vla-di-mir

Russian Federation

FIFA president Joseph Blatter plans to prohibit prayer before and after football matches. 

FIFA president did not like the common prayer of the football team after the victory over Brazil in the finals of the U.S. Confederations Cup. 

"This is a threat to sport. The stadium is not a place for prayer. I'll see that at the next World Championships were prohibited any religious manifestation," – said Blatter. 

In turn Eddio Constantine, chairman of the Sports Foundation of the Vatican Pope John Paul II and Italian Catholic sports association, believes that Blatter saying – this is an attempt to deny the ethical values of sport, which for centuries protected the Christian faith.

09:10 PM Jul 27 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

I think the players should be able to celebrate pretty much any way they want. I understand Blatters concerns, but players religious convictions seem to be the stronger force here. 

A lot of players thank God for helping them win. How come they never blame God for making them lose?  :) 

06:22 AM Jul 28 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

I THINK IT IS NOT AN IMPORTANT MATTER TO MAKE PRAYERS IN THE PLAYGROUND, U CAN THANK HIM IN UR HEART, IF U WANT….RATHER THAN THE MATTER IS JUST PLAYING.

06:29 AM Jul 28 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

agreed that the play is the most important thing, but I think banning certain forms of expression is a dangerous step. 

06:50 AM Jul 28 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

I THINK TO PREVENT IT IS A NORMAL THING, IT IS NOT AN ORDER IN ANY RELIGION TO MAKE PRAYERS IN THE PLAYGROUND…..SO WHY SUCH THIS FUSS?
THE MATTER RELATED WITH PLAYING, JUST PLAYING….I DIDN'T READ ANY VERSE OR HADIETH BEFORE IF U WIN IN A GAME PRAY TO ALLAH OR GOD!!!!!

07:23 AM Jul 28 2009 |

tut2007

Nigeria

The truth if you look @ it from a secular point of view sports should have no religious preference but the truth if a player wishes to exibit he's religious belief he has the right to do so what ever his or her religion…........

02:55 PM Aug 07 2009 |

UpsidedownWorld

Pakistan

Because they don't see themselfs as cosmic accidents and meaningless individuals.

12:03 PM Jun 13 2010 |