Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

check this story ppl :)

°✿・✿° « sweet » °✿・✿°

Saudi Arabia

Hiiiii

Good morning every one

Today I have something 4 u guys,,its a story that I believe it carries a lot of meanings^^,,

and I hope that u will benefit from it as much as I did, So I'll leave with it!! 

one day there was a boy who was always losing his temper. His father gave him a bag full of nails and said to him, “My son, I want you to hammer a nail into our garden fence every time you need to direct your anger against something and you lose your temper.” So the son started to follow his father’s advice. On the first day he hammered in 37 nails, but getting the nails into the fence was not easy, so he started trying to control himself when he got angry. As the days went by, he was hammering in less nails, and within weeks he was able to control himself and was able to refrain from getting angry and from hammering nails. He came to his father and told him what he had achieved. His father was happy with his efforts and said to him “But now, my son, you have to take out a nail for every day that you do not get angry.” The son started to take out the nails for each day that he did not get angry, until there were no nails left in the fence. He came to his father and told him what he had achieved. His father took him to the fence and said, “My son, you have done well, but look at these holes in the fence. This fence will never be the same again.” Then he added “When you say things in a state of anger, they leave marks like these holes on the hearts of others. You can stab a person and with draw the knife but it doesn’t matter how many times you say ‘I’m sorry,’ because the wound will remain.

That’s all folks 

sweet

:)

07:32 AM Aug 06 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mbarbi11

Hungary

Hi everybody! 

as I have found this topic and story so lovely I also would like to share with all of you another one.

I hope you will love it:-))

MORE PRECIOUS THAN A GEM

"A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.
But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."

10:26 AM Aug 08 2009 |

mbarbi11

Hungary

thank you very much! you are totally right! it is said that nowadays nothing does exict just money money money!!!!!

we should take care of each other

04:33 PM Aug 08 2009 |

°✿・✿° « sweet » °✿・✿°

Saudi Arabia

Nice story mbarbi

I think the old lady wanted to teach this young man a lesson In one way or anther,,the lesson was,,when the man saw the stone It out side appearance attracted him,,but later on ,he figured out that,,things aren’t only how they look nor how we can see them,, The same thing goes with human ,,we cant judge how good are they By just looking at their out side appearance but we have to check their inner side too ,,which I believe its more important then the out side,,cuz by time goes the out side beauty will disappear and vanish ,,its just like this stone ,,one day u will find that the beauty of ur stone is gone,, this young man realised where is the real beauty ,,before its too late,,the question is now ,,

do we really look at things from their out side rather then their inner side,,?? And if u have a stone "metaphorically speaking" try to wear and benefit from it,,since its still shining,

Lo0oL sorry guys ,,but I like to analyses stuff like that ,,its what am studding,,,, literature its in my blood:)

All the best guys #(@@)#

04:53 AM Aug 09 2009 |

°✿・✿° « sweet » °✿・✿°

Saudi Arabia

Lo0o0o0OL:O

U want to drill those nails in the admins head,,???

i bet that she kicked u out,,hahahah

I always wanted to do the same though when ever she kicks me out lo0o0o0l

:)

05:15 PM Aug 10 2009 |

othman ahmaro

Jordan

Thank you very much for the story .you are a great person.We should do our best to control ourselves ,because if we hurt people when we are in bad temper.It will be difficult to go back

06:05 PM Aug 10 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

wow °✿・✿° « sw
eet » °✿・✿°

That story really touched my heart. The moral is true! 

08:38 AM Oct 22 2009 |

kaviani_g_b

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

thx

very nice

09:42 PM Dec 28 2009 |

abosalahaddine

Algeria

thank you for this story

in Islam.one day a companion came to the prophet asking him to give him an advice to use it in his life.the prophet said to him(don.t get angry)

09:52 PM Dec 28 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

I know this story….very interesting…and it's truth … i think i "make hole in the fence" when im angry :o and i cant conrol it :((

10:29 PM Dec 28 2009 |