Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Religions put people against, God put them together!

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

I've  extracted this post from l.pharaoh's topic. I'm curious to know what you think about…..

I believe in only a unique God. I don't feel Christian, Mulism or whatever other Religion practiser either!

I do believe in God but I definitely don't believe in Religions.

Religions put people against, God put them together!    

10:13 PM Aug 09 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

God didn't sent down any Religion. People made up it!

In the world there are several langueges, habits, races and religions. it's a normal conseguence. 

10:38 PM Aug 09 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I wish religions brought people together more than it split them apart.

I have more respect for people that live by a faith, than live by none, and continue to make the world a horrible, egotistical place.

10:51 PM Aug 09 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

what religion and from "what God" are you talking?

yours? hers? theirs? 

10:52 PM Aug 09 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think we all wish the same, Fabs. But the opinions of some about THEIR religion is what causes manu's observations that religions split people apart. Views that THEIRS is the one, true, and only real religion. (and by extension, all others are untrue and unreal, which means their followers are not as good) These views naturally lead to feelings of superiority and marginalizing others which makes it easy to oppress or kill them. 

Matrix, I'm very happy to see that you can recognize that religions are man made, but you seem to have  blind spot for your own religion.

11:09 PM Aug 09 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

I think we all wish the same, Fabs. But the opinions of some about THEIR religion is what causes manu's observations that religions split people apart. Views that THEIRS is the one, true, and only real religion. (and by extension, all others are untrue and unreal, which means their followers are not as good) These views naturally lead to feelings of superiority and marginalizing others which makes it easy to oppress or kill them.

Exactly.

I know the reason, I just wish it weren't that way.

11:16 PM Aug 09 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

so you can perhaps understand how some people can come to feel less need for organized religion in their lives or even become hostile towards it.

11:25 PM Aug 09 2009 |

l.pharaoh

l.pharaoh

Egypt

manu_wj
thanx for some words, i think i understood u
i dont need to be jewish or christain or musilem
i dont need to be in group to be or to can do
god is god for you, god is great, we all believe in that
imagine if you born without religion and no parents to tell you, you wil look around you, you will see there are bad jewish , bad christain and bad musilem, tell me, can u choose?
or you will mix and wait Miracle
you can be good christain, also good jewish or good musilem
we are mix, all, dont say you are right or me are right?
our heart always right but only when we be good people , love other , without hate, love to defend week and stop unfair
Cos love god not need things, it just remember him, love people not need things cos hearts still work
give me smile , i will know u love me without asking
hate not need reasons, it just come from eyes , then why
imagine world from little group
three boys and one flower
three boys are musilem , christain ,jewish
musilem give flower to christian and christian give it to jewish then jewish give it to musilem
this flower is love, why we wait love when we can give it
religions always free but people make it reasons to hate

11:36 PM Aug 09 2009 |

manu_wj

manu_wj

Italy

l.pharaoh, I agree with your thought.

imagine world from little group
three boys and one flower
three boys are musilem , christain ,jewish
musilem give flower to christian and christian give it to jewish then jewish give it to musilem
this flower is love, why we wait love when we can give it
religions always free but people make it reasons to hate

Great example, the flower of love…

07:04 AM Aug 10 2009 |

Tufan

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

THE MYSTIC POET, Rumi, tells of three foreigners traveling down a road together. They come across a drachma on the road, and picking it up together, each declares what he wishes to do with it. The first says he will buy `inab, which is Arabic for grapes; the second, a Persian, says, "No! We must buy angur;' Persian for grapes. The third, a Roman, exclaims it must be vitis?Latin for grapes. They begin to fight, and soon a journey distinguished by camaraderie descends into a fisticuff of animosity. Rumi remarks that all they needed was a translator to explain that they all really wanted the same thing.

I think all religious and believes says one thing but we only see surface and it cause hostility.

12:49 PM Aug 10 2009 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

Like I always say:

Better shut up than say bullshits!
XD

06:30 PM Aug 13 2009 |