Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

would you still believe?

gkisseberth

Germany

Just for a moment, entertain the possibility that scientists could disprove a particular religious beleif. 

IF scientists disproved your religious belief, would you still continue to beleive, despite the scientific evidence against it?  

06:15 PM Aug 28 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Thank you for answering, Rosella

I hope you are not offended, sir. This Rosella is just imitating you :) 

Well, first, Rosella is a nice young lady, s far as I can tell and though she has demonstrated good skill with sarcasm in the past, I think her nswer was genuine. Perhas she can confirm.

Yes, my assumption about needing skills and knowledge to ascertain the workings of an unknown device. If you prefer to assume that no one has the skills or knowldege to decifer the device, then perhaps we can try to increse our efforts in looking for extraterrestrial intelligences as the object might be alien in nature. We could ask them, then, eh? 

01:17 PM Aug 31 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

Come here gkissberth, do I have any concern with this Rosella? Who is this Rosella, anyway?

No wonder as long as you believe in Darwinism you believe in aliens too :)

01:30 PM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Come here gkissberth, do I have any concern with this Rosella? Who is this Rosella, anyway?

I don't know, Samsiami, you were the one who mentioned her. As far as I know she is a participator in these forums and she answered my question in this one.  

No wonder as long as you believe in Darwinism you believe in aliens too :) 

I think there's a possibility of life (and maybe intelligent life) existing extra-terrestrially. given the almost unimaginably huge nuber of galaxies, stars and planets in the universe it would seem perverse to count it out.

What do you think?  

01:46 PM Aug 31 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i have passed this step and i'm sure that this will never happen concerning islam.the compatibility between scientific facts and the coran verses was the main thing that made me embraced this religion with great happiness.to me, truth is what we must seek in this life.it's the only way to get peace and real happiness.truth can't be ugly, it can be bitter and not all people cares about it.

01:53 PM Aug 31 2009 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

djouzi, the coran doesn't reject the whole of the evolution theory.the world was created in  6 periods and even the human being was created step by step and it's up to scientists  to search for it as everything is in the universe.god said that we can discover the secret just by searching,looking attentively and using our mind correctly. 

01:58 PM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

thank you for your answer lilimira

thank your for the continued laughs, Djouzi. Your rants are something I look forward to. 

02:04 PM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

We only believe in evoltuion of animals, plants… 

good to know. Do you believe that natural selection is one of the driving forces behind the evolution of plants and animals? 

02:24 PM Aug 31 2009 |

samsiami

samsiami

Saudi Arabia

I don't know, Samsiami, you were the one who mentioned her.

No, I wasn't.

samsiami: Yes, it is the same old argument, but at least I've made a conclusion; gkissberth counts on assumption very much.

gkissberth: Thank you for answering, Rosella. 

I think there's a possibility of life (and maybe intelligent life) existing extra-terrestrially. given the almost unimaginably huge number of galaxies, stars and planets in the universe it would seem perverse to count it out.

What do you think? 

I guess you know what I think, besides, you are supposed to believe that the expansion of this universe is happening by chance. 

02:27 PM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

yes, I'm sorry, I did mention her name first when I thanked her for answering my question. You said she was imitating me, if yiu remember.

02:56 PM Aug 31 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

yuna, the question does exist, since I asked it. 

If you mean you can't answer hypothetical questions, I think it's rather boring to limit yourself only to what has already happened and not consider what may happen in the future. All questions about the future are hypotheticl in nature, no?

You never think about "what if…"?    

10:29 PM Aug 31 2009 |