Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Chinese, why are you celebrating the 60Th anniversary of Communist dictatorship?

:-(

India

Western press says that Mao killed 10 millions people and he was a womaniser and lot more….

Why are you celebrating Communist dictatorship then? Was not Mao the worst chapter in Chinese history? Had it been Cheng Ki Shek in 1949, with backing of US, would not it have been a better place to live in China then? 

Do you admire Western model of Democracy?

It is international forum. You need not fear that monster communists. You may express your self freely.

04:54 PM Oct 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

I think I can understand.  Internet, Msn, Chatting etc. are all controlled by the government and if any Chinese person talks about their government it is their death penalty. 

I think such things are wrong to talk with people from China.

12:31 PM Oct 09 2009 |

India

I think such things are wrong to talk with people from China.

But Chinese here are not avoiding anything, instead they are aggressive to defend their regime. Or Chinese Govt. even 'monitoring' Ebaby? That doesn't seem the case.

12:38 PM Oct 09 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Have you ever seen one talking bad about their country? no.  This isnt because they love their government but because it is forbidden in the country to tell bad things about the government.  Even Uyghurs and Tibetians avoid to write any bad things. When you talk to an Uyghur he would surely say that he is not able to talk about the government. You can try 

12:45 PM Oct 09 2009 |

Huyen

Huyen

Viet Nam

Ophilia said: "China is undergoing a stable increase in economy while Vietnam underwent a disaster during that time when the communist party was in office. BTW: are they still there?"

Thank you for replying me. :) You are very nice. The Vietnamese communist party is still the rulling party here.

Well, I experienced the same feeling about my country as your are about China now. So I know that it's really hard for anyone to try to change your point of view. Therefore, I will not do that hard job. :D

One thing worth noting is that most people in our country believe that the current communist regime is very good. The media here are doing an excellent job in making people think that way. For a few people who have a different view, they don't dare to speak out their true thinking. For those who do dare, they are subject to the risk of being arrested.

According to Reporters Without Borders, "A total of 70 cyber-dissidents are currently detained because of what they posted online. China is the world’s biggest prison for cyber-dissidents, followed by Vietnam and Iran." Here is the link http://www.rsf.org/en-ennemi26095-Vietnam.html This may partly answer the questions of :-( and MemoThuHun.

You can search for countries other than Vietnam there on that website of Reporters Without Borders if you are interested in this issue. I don't feel happy when showing "bad" things of my own country to you all. But I don't think it's appropriate for me to show the fact of another country.

02:10 PM Oct 09 2009 |

rukibb

rukibb

Hong Kong

all because we love our country:)

05:17 AM Oct 10 2009 |

India

May be , but what explains the sharp economic rise of China?

You know, India, Pakistan and perhaps many other countries achieved independence before China. The economic, political and other conditions were almost same. Resource wise we were never inferior to China. Whereas, in Pakistan, it was militarily dictatorship for most of the time, in India, it was democracy that prevailed. In China, you know it was communism.

But when we compare all of them now, China stands far ahead from all of them. She is in fact now competing developed world.

In other countries, like India and Pakistan, though there is sharp increase in millionaires and billionaires but this is that sharp in poverty and inequality too.

So, what lies behind their progress and what effect should be it on their populace.

And as per as media is concerned, I doubt its credibility all over world. If in China it is State controlled, then in other countries it is Multinational Corporations controlled. Take the example of Italy, Berlusconi controls its media and it helps him politically.

07:41 AM Oct 10 2009 |