Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Why do people cheat?

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

Everybody has done it at least several times but why?  Is there a psychological answer for it? 

01:43 AM Oct 13 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

what kind of cheating do you mean? Cheating on an exam, for example, cheating at a game or competition? cheating on a spouse or lover? 

02:15 AM Oct 13 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

in general

02:17 AM Oct 13 2009 |

jucoba

jucoba

Indonesia

because their target is everything and it's must be goal whatever happened

02:21 AM Oct 13 2009 |

julywidiawati

Indonesia

People cheat because some of them can't put their feet on the ground…being realistic is hard sometimes…

02:34 AM Oct 13 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I recently watched an interesting talk from th TED confernece about the psychology of cheating

(you can follow along with a transcript in English or other languages if you want)

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/dan_ariely_on_our_buggy_moral_code.html 

02:44 AM Oct 13 2009 |

vls

vls

Lao People's Democratic Republic

There is always gonna be a reason behind every cheating act. For example, students cheat on their exams to pass as well as to get good grades. You know, when we have good grades, we'll have a high chance in being accepted in whatever job we apply for. Teacher might help their students to cheat. For example, in the U.S., if students under the supervision of a teacher academically perform well, that teacher will get benefits in form of honor, promotion, extra pay as well as credit. However, if the students do the opposite of what has been said above, the teacher will be fired. So, cheating depends on motivation, in other words, the result of something.

05:14 AM Oct 13 2009 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

I've got no idea!

08:47 AM Oct 22 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

to cheat someone is not part of my life,

i was educated to be honest…

and i educate my children to be honest…

people who regular cheat are at least cheating themselves, they lose their identity and they get the question very soon, for what i am living for…. living for cheating ???

12:09 PM Oct 22 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

""Bailiffs do odd hunt debtors
With unusual methods make Bailiffs in Russia hunting submerged debtor: In Internet networks to persuade the defaulting payer fictitious pretty blondes in a romantic meeting then appears on the court. "We find many debtors in social networks back," said the spokesman of the bailiffs of the Republic of Udmurtia in the Urals, Alexander Beliajew, on Friday the news agency AFP."""Smilehmm, i have paid my taxesInnocent i am wondering that even the state use cheating methodesMoney mouth

09:44 AM Oct 25 2009 |