Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

One thing I want to know about equality between men and women.

AchtungBaby

Netherlands

From my point of view women are equal to men.

Both have their different weaknesses and strenghts,but together they are a team made for eachother.

But there is one thing I want to know.

When the (civilized) society regards that men and women are equal to eachother why does a woman have to work much harder than a man to achieve in her career-life what she is dreaming of?

In my country The Netherlands(actually I am Moroccan who was born and raised in Holland)a woman get less paid than a man even if they practise the same job(spoken in terms of real career-jobs,not factory work,etc)

Are there any people who have a opinion about this fact? 

01:31 PM May 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

starz_chazer

Pakistan

I agree with you suuus

10:39 AM May 30 2007 |

janacalicut

India

Men are always men and women are always women. both have individual natural abilities, and you can never accept them as the same in this regard. but when it cmes to a right or some benifit or freedom both has to be treated alike.it's a fact that there are some psychological and biological diference bet ween men and women. if a baby cries from the far, it's proven, it falles in the women's ear first. many facts like this…In the creation itself man is created stronger…and in the creation itself each gender is asigned for perticular duties. you can even take animals and birds for clarification on this regard. You can never see a male tiger guarding the cave, sending its female partner for hunting. female are always better in keeping vigil.both have individual abilities which cant be claimed by the opp. gender. dont worry WE ARE EQUAL IN RIGHT, RESPECT and FREEDOM.

11:57 AM May 30 2007 |

Michellita

Michellita

Brazil

Well, I agree that we must have the same rights, but the problem is that in many places in the world women are treated very badly! The society is still sexist! Men will always prevail over women, because they "think" they are stronger and better than women. It's our job to show them that we are strong, intelligent and competent enough to succeed!

02:48 AM May 31 2007 |

antonia82

antonia82

China

fortunately in my city- a small city in China , we r treated eaqually

03:17 AM May 31 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

man has exploitted woman as much as he could do.

03:12 AM Dec 13 2007 |

louise.luo

louise.luo

China

We are all equality

04:40 AM Dec 13 2007 |

yehe8088

yehe8088

China

Women are  respected more and more,i think men and women will be equality in several years.

04:55 AM Dec 13 2007 |

yehe8088

yehe8088

China

In many countries,it is better for women to earn same salary .

04:58 AM Dec 13 2007 |

zhouzhi911

zhouzhi911

China

In china, there are a lot of slogan, saying women are equal to men, and women have all the rights men have, but the reality maybe is another story!
Many employers only employ male instead of female for physiological reason.
and many parents hope they have a son , but not a daughter.

06:28 AM Dec 13 2007 |