Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

NATURE (ANIMALS)

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

how are you Dear friends?

let take a look at the some wonderful pictuers of the nature again

and try to make some questions about them & find the answers

this part (animals)

as you know  animal means : beast; living organism which is neither plant nor human

regards

04:32 PM Jan 08 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

KOALA

furry gray marsupial which lives in trees and feeds on eucalyptus leaves (native to Australia) The Koala (Phascolarctos cinereus) is a thickset arboreal marsupial herbivore native to Australia, and the only extant representative of the family Phascolarctidae.

The Koala is found in coastal regions of eastern and southern Australia, from near Adelaide to the southern part of Cape York Peninsula. Populations also extend for considerable distances inland in regions with enough moisture to support suitable woodlands. The Koalas of South Australia were largely exterminated during the early part of the 20th century, but the state has since been repopulated with Victorian stock. The Koala is not found in Tasmania or Western Australia.

regards

01:56 PM Jan 16 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

Thank you Sina! Laughing

08:36 AM Jan 17 2010 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

how are you Dear Whitney S?

Your welcome.

hope you can put some pictures of animals here too.

Thnaks for your comment.

have a nice time.

regards

04:49 PM Jan 17 2010 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

CowCow The ancients employed certain animals as symbols to convey specific aspects of philosophical and religious teachings to the multitude, and "the cow-symbol is one of the grandest and most philosophical among all others in its inner meaning" (SD 2:470). Generally, the cow represents the fructifying power in nature - the Divine Mother or feminine principle. Among the Scandinavians that which first appeared at the birth of the universe was the divine cosmic cow, Audhumla, from whom flowed four streams of milk, providing sustenance to all the beings that followed. Among the Greeks the founding of a new race was associated with the cow - as instances, Io and Europa. In Egypt the goddesses representing the aspect of the Universal Mother are associated with cow symbols, principally Hathor and Isis. In India the cow symbol is reverenced: Kamaduh or Surabhi (the cow of plenty) represents the nourishing and sustaining vital and productive principle in nature. The goddesses of lunar type are found to be connected in symbology with the cow.
"The cow was in every country the symbol of the passive generative power of nature, Isis, Vach, Venus - the mother of the prolific god of love, Cupid, but, at the same time, that of the Logos whose symbol became with the Egyptians and the Indians - the bull—as testified to by Apis and the Hindu bulls in the most ancient temples. In esoteric philosophy the cow is the symbol of creative nature, and the Bull (her calf) the spirit which vivifies her, or 'the Holy Spirit'

regards

04:54 PM Jan 17 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

LADYBUG

Many people are fond of ladybugs because of their colorful, spotted appearance. But farmers love them for their appetite. Most ladybugs voraciously consume plant-eating insects, such as aphids, and in doing so they help to protect crops.

Ladybugs are also called lady beetles or, in Europe, ladybird beetles. There are about 5,000 different species of these insects, and not all of them have the same appetites. A few ladybugs prey not on plant-eaters but on plants.

Their distinctive spots and attractive colors are meant to make them unappealing to predators. Ladybugs can secrete a fluid from joints in their legs which gives them a foul taste. Their coloring is likely a reminder to any animals that have tried to eat their kind before: "I taste awful." A threatened ladybug may both play dead and secrete the unappetizing substance to protect itself.

Ps: I love ladybugs… They are so colorful… so pretty :)

08:23 PM Jan 17 2010 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

how are you Dear Whitney S?

thanks for your nice comment & pictures here.

sure it can make this topic so better.

I put your comment on my another topic about insects too.

http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/366319?page=2

I will wait to see another good jobs from you.

have a nice time.

regards

02:08 PM Jan 18 2010 |

showshoes

showshoes

China

Maybe U will like the little panda very much .

so cute

02:25 PM Jan 18 2010 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

sheep

Domestic sheepThe domestic sheep (Ovis aries), the most common species of the sheep genus (Ovis), is a woolly ruminant quadruped. It is probably descended from the wild mouflon of South Asia and Southwest Asia. Female sheep are referred to as ewes, intact males as ramscastrated males as wethers, yearlings as hoggets, and younger sheep as lambs. In sheep husbandry, a group of sheep is called a herd, flock or mobSheep husbandry has a vast lexicon of terms, which varies frequently with region.

Regards

02:29 PM Jan 18 2010 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

How are you Dear showshoes?

Thanks for your comment & picture here

sure i like Panda

i don't know why ? but i can't see the picture of it 

if you can please change it with another one

have a nice time.